Research Support Services
The Department of Radiology is dedicated to facilitating research of investigators throughout the institution or community who require the use of our equipment, staff, and/or faculty members. Please read below to explore the resources and services we have available. If you need further assistance, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or one of the contacts below.
Contacts from Radiology Research (RR)
- Aaron Rohr, MD, MS, Vice-chair of Research, email@example.com
- Carissa Walter, MPH, Research Manager, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Sonia McCoy, MS, Research Coordinator, email@example.com
- Angela Barton, MS, Research Coordinator, NM Technologist, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Rosanne Hoover, Research Coordinator, NM Technologist, email@example.com
- Peyton Ackerman, BA, Research Coordinator, firstname.lastname@example.org
Fee Schedule for Radiology Research Services
- See our fee sheet for a complete listing of our paid services.
- RR receives protocols from the Cancer Center once they receive Executive Resourcing Committee (ERC) approval.
- If you have a protocol that requires imaging and are unsure if RR has reviewed it, please send it to us at the above email address.
- RR reviews protocols for image upload support and special radiologist reads only.
- Image manual review, (image feasibility, etc.) and site surveys are managed by hospital personnel.
Image Uploads (paid service)
- When a study requires electronic image submissions to an image core lab, we create a fee sheet for the study finance team, who confirms if a study has the budget to pay for image upload services.
- RR will not begin work on a study until we receive confirmation of fees from the PD or Cancer Center finance team.
- RR contacts the study team to request image core lab access for RR personnel.
- Study teams use the RRSS to request image uploads.
- Please contact RR to set up a 20-minute phone training session for all study team personnel who need to request image uploads.
- The latest RRSS user handbook is here.
- RR will assist the study team with queries related to imaging and uploads, however, we will not answer the queries on the study's behalf. We prefer the study coordinators answer queries.
- If you need to request deidentified images on a CD, contact the Radiology Imaging Center (RIC) at email@example.com.
Special Radiologist Reads
- If a protocol requires the radiologist to provide additional/specific lesion measurements, we will provide the special read text. The special read text ensures the radiologist knows a patient is part of a clinical trial and describes the special read to be dictated in the report (RECIST 1.1, Lugano, or RANO for example).
- If you need an addendum to a radiology report for a past scan requiring a special read or measurement, please directly email the radiologist.
- The SmartPhrase/special read text must be included in the Comments (F6) section of the imaging order.
Special Read Text - Effective January 2020
- Due to the high number of RR SmartPhrases, we will no longer build and manage SmartPhrases for study teams.
- Studies reviewed in January 2020 - present will not have RR SmartPhrases created in O2.
- Special read text will be sent to the study team (PD/Primary SC) once we receive an activation email or KOM invite.
- It is the primary study contact's responsibility to share the special read text with team members.
- The study team can either create a SmartPhrase in O2 or add the special read text to the Comments (F6) section of the imaging order.
SmartPhrases - Studies Reviewed Prior to 2020
- SmartPhrases created through December 2019 will be assigned to the PD and SC on file. The study teams will manage users and content.
- Contact RR if PD/SC requires access.
REDCap: Radiology Research Support Services (RRSS)
- RR utilizes REDCap to manage studies. Access to the RRSS requires a 20-minute phone training. All study personnel who submit upload requests must take the training.
- 1.1 Radiology Research Study Review houses radiology-related information for each study we review. Special read text will be available on the Special Read Text form of the RRSS 1.1.
- 1.2 Radiology Research Services Request is used for image upload requests.
- Please include RR on all internal KOM invites. This allows us to confirm image core lab access for RR personnel and special read information.
- Please only include RR on the sponsor SIV invites if we are required to attend for image core lab training/access purposes. One study team member must be in attendance.