Resident Stipends 2020-2021 (per Office of Graduate Medical Education website)
At no or low cost to residents:
- Offered Personal and Family Health insurance - employer/employee paid
- Professional malpractice insurance provided by the Hospital and State
- Pager and personalized lab coats
- BLS Certification and reimbursement for re-certification
- American College of Radiology (ACR) Annual Inservice Preparatory Board Exams
- $1,500 annually throughout the four-year residency for the purchase of books or other educational materials provided by GME
- Free access to STATdx and RadPrimer.
- $1,000 for transportation and expenses to AIRP course offered during the PGY4 year provided by the Department, in addition to the registration fee paid by the Department
- P5 Garage parking permit provided by GME
- Bi-weekly food allowance of $30. Free resident coffee and drink stations.
- Annual membership fee to the Kirmayer Fitness Center provided by GME
- Fee-waived DEA for duration of residency, as long as licensing is used only for required duties associated with the residency program
- Fee-waived Kansas Temporary Permit for duration of residency, as long as licensing is used only for required duties associated with the residency program
- Fee-waived Missouri Contiguous License for duration of residency, as long as licensing is used only for required duties associated with the residency program
- Counseling Services through the Kansas Medical Center and Staff Assistance Program
Other benefits offered:
- Per Graduate Medical Education, 3 weeks of vacation leave per residency year
- Per Graduate Medical Education, 10 days of sick leave per residency year
- With Program Director approval, undetermined number of professional leave days to attend Radiology educational conferences. Preference given to those residents presenting at the conference.
- Up to 9 state holidays may be given, in addition to the allowed GME vacation/leave policy, at the Program Director's discretion.
- Locum Tenens/ External Moonlighting for PGY-4 and PGY-5 Residents
- Locum tenens in Diagnostic Radiology, with entities with which the Program has long-standing relationships
- Occurs on weekends and vacation time
- Hours in locum tenens must be documented into the 80-hour work week
- Requires Program Director and Graduate Medical Education approval
- Requires permanent license, permanent DEA and private malpractice insurance
Last modified: May 27, 2020