Associate Professor, Department of Biostatistics
B.S., Chemical Engineering, National Taiwan University, Taiwan
M.S., Chemical Engineering, Texas A&M University, College Station, TX
Ph.D., Biostatistics, University of Texas, School of Public Health, Houston, TX
2004, James Emerson Award for Outstanding Teaching Assistant, University of Texas Health Science Center, Houston, TX
2004, Richard D. Remington Scholarship, University of Texas Health Science Center, Houston, TX
2006, M. Stewart West Scholarship, University of Texas Health Science Center, Houston, TX
2007, Elected Member, Delta Omega Honorary Society in Public Health
2010, Faculty Travel Award, The University of Kansas Medical Center
Member, Cancer Control and Population Health, The University of Kansas Medical Center
Member, Center for American Indian Community Health, The University of Kansas Medical Center
My statistical research interests include methods to handle incomplete data (missing values, censored/truncated data), longitudinal and multivariate data analysis. My collaboration spans cancer prevention, health promotion, immunology, neuroimaging, and smoking cessation.
1. Davis C, Kancherla V, Reddy A, Yeh HW, Noroski LM, Rosenblatt H, Shearer WT, Chinen J. (2008) Development of Specific T cell responses to Candida and Tetanus Antigens in Partial DiGeroge Syndrome. The Journal of Allergy and Clinical. 122(6): 1194-1199. PMID: 18789819
2. Behbod F, Kittrell FS, LaMarca H, Edwards D, Kerbawy S, Heestand JC, Young E, Mukhopadhyay P, Yeh HW, Allred DC, Hu M, Polyak K, Rosen JM, Medina D. (2009) An intra-ductal human-in-mouse transplantation model mimics the subtypes of ductal carcinoma in situ. The Breast Cancer Research. 11(5):R66. PMID 19735549. PMCID: PMC2790841
3. Yeh HW, Chan W, Symanski E, Davis BR. (2010) Estimating transition probabilities for ignorable intermittent missing data in a discrete-time Markov chain. Communication in Statistics - Simulation and Computation, 39 (2), 433 - 448
4. Wambach K, Aaronson L, Breedlove G, Domian EW, Rojjanasrirat W, Yeh HW. (2011) A Randomized Controlled Trial of Breastfeeding Support and Education for Adolescent Mothers. Western Journal of Nursing Research, 33(4): 486 - 505. PMID: 20876551
5. Choi WS, Faseru B, Beebe LA, Greiner KA, Yeh HW, Shireman TI, Talawyma M, Cully L, Kaur B, and Daley CM. (2011) Culturally-Tailored Smoking Cessation for American Indians. Trials, 12: 126. PMID: 21592347. PMC3117716.
6. Bokhari SM, Hegde R, Callen S, Yao H, Adany I, Li Q, Li Z, Pinson D, Yeh HW, Cheney PD, Buch S. (2011) Morphine potentiates neuropathogenesis of SIV infection in rhesus macaques" Journal of Neuroimmune Pharmacology, 6 (4): 626 - 39. PMID: 21431470.
7. Yeh HW, Symanski E, Chan W. (2012). Intermittent Missing Observations in Discrete-Time Hidden Markov Models. Communications in Statistics - Simulation and Computation, 41(2): 167 - 181.
8. Wang WT, Lee P, Yeh HW, Smirnova IV, Choi IY. (2012) Effects of acute and chronic hyperglycemia on the neurochemical profiles in the rat brain with strptozotocin-induced diabetes detected using in vivo 1H MR spectroscopy at 9.4 T. Journal of Neurochemistry, 121: 407 - 417. PMID: 22353009.
9. Gustafson KM, Allen JJB, Yeh HW, May LE. (2012) Fetal Cardiac Autonomic Control during Breathing and Non-Breathing Epochs: The Effect of Maternal Exercise. Early Human Development, 88: 539 - 546. PMID: 22264436.
10. Cirstea MC, Nudo RJ, Craciunas CS, Popescu AE, Choi IY, Lee P, Yeh HW, Savage CR, Brooks WM. (2012) Neuronal-glial alterations in non-primary motor areas in chronic subcortical stroke. Brain Research, 1463: 75 - 84. PMID: 22575560.
11. Yeh HW, Gajewski B, Mukhopadhyay P, Behbod F. (2012) The zero-truncated Poisson model with right censoring: an Application to Translational Breast Cancer Research. Statistics in Biopharmaceutical Research, 4(3): 252 - 263. PMID: 23130093.
12. Yeh HW, Ellerbeck EF, Mahnken J. (2012) Simultaneous evaluation of abstinence and relapse using a Markov chain model in smokers enrolled in a two-year randomized trial. BMC Medical Research Methodology, 12(1): 95. PMID: 22770436.
13. Harris J, Yeh HW, Choi IY, Lee P, Berman N, Swerdlord R, Sorin C, Brooks W. (2012) Altered neurochemical profile after traumatic brain injury: 1H-MRS biomarkers of pathological mechanisms. Journal of Cerebral Blood Flow & Metabolism, 32 (12): 2122 - 2134. PMC 3519407. PMID: 22892723.
14. Yeh HW, Jiang Y, Garrard L, Lei Y, Gajewski BJ. (in press) A Bayesian model for censored positive count data in evaluating breast cancer progression. Model Assisted Statistics and Applications
15. Gustafson KM, Carlson SE, Colombo J, Yeh HW, Shaddy DJ, Li S, Kerling EH. (in press) Effects of docosahexaenoic acid supplementation during pregnancy on fetal heart rate and variability: A randomized clinical trial. Prostaglandins, Leukotrienes & Essential Fatty Acids
Hung-Wen (Henry) Yeh, Ph.D.
Associate Professor, Department of Biostatistics
F: (913) 588-0252