Applications for the fall semester must be received by March 1st for consideration. Applications to the program will be considered in accordance with the admission requirements of the KUMC Office of Graduate Studies.
The complete application process includes submitting an online application and submitting additional materials directly to the Department of Biostatistics.
The following is to be submitted online:
- The application fee of $60 is paid when you click SUMBIT from the online application. Applicants can pay by Visa, MasterCard, Discover, American Express or by Electronic Check. U.S. banks only. Application fees are non-refundable. Electronic checks will be held for approximately six business days while the check clears.
- Three (3) letters of recommendation.
- Graduate Record Examination (GRE). Use institution code 6895 to have an official copy of your scores mailed directly to the Department of Biostatistics. The exam must have been taken within the last 5 years and include verbal, quantitative and analytical scores.
- Resume - listing scholarships/fellowships, awards and history of employment.
- Statement of Purpose - describing your career goals and your interest in the program.
Additional Requirements for International Students:
- Applicants whose native language is not English or who graduated from a foreign institution are required to submit TOEFL scores less than two years old. Use institution code 6895 to have an official copy of your scores mailed to Dept of Biostatistics. The complete minimum English proficiency requirements for KUMC students can be found on the International Programs website.
- Applicants who obtained a degree outside the United States are required to submit a transcript evaluation for US equivalent degree and grade point average. Evaluations must be course-by-course and may be ordered from the following academic credentialing services:
For Non-Degree Seeking Students:
- KUMC Graduate School online application and application fee.
- Nonrefundable $60 application fee. This fee is paid during the online application process. You may pay by credit card or electronic check. We cannot process your application until your electronic check clears which can take up to two weeks.
- An official transcript bearing the official seal from each college or university in which course work has been taken. This may be mailed directly from the registrar's office of the applicant's university to the Univeristy of Kansas Medical Center Registrar's office (see address above). Sealed and stamped transcript envelopes must not be opened.
For questions regarding your application, contact:
Jackie Jorland, BS
Jo Wick, Ph.D.
Assistant Director of Graduate Education, Department of Biostatistics
May 08, 2013