Scott M. Berry, Ph.D.
Adjunct Professor, Department of Biostatistics & Data Science
President and Senior Statistical Scientist, Berry Consultants LLC.
B.S., Mathematics, University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, MN
M.S., Statistics, Carnegie Mellon University, Pittsburgh, PA
Ph.D., Statistics, Carnegie Mellon University, Pittsburgh, PA
2007, Statistics in Sports Award, American Statistical Association
2010, Excellence-in-CE Award Winner, JSM Short Course "Bayesian Adaptive Methods in Clinical Trials," Joint with Don Berry, Brad Carlin and Jack Lee
2013, Elected Fellow of the American Statistical Association
1. Berry SM, Kadane JB. Optimal Bayesian randomization. Journal of the Royal Statistical Society, Series B 1997;59:813-819.
2. Berry SM. Understanding and testing for heterogeneity across 2x2 tables: application to meta-analysis. Statistics in Medicine 1998;17:2353-2369.
3. Berry SM, Hadjicostas P. Improper and proper posteriors with improper priors in a Poisson-gamma hierarchical model. TEST 1999;8:147-166.
4. Pallay A, Berry SM. A decision analysis for an end of phase II go/stop decision. Drug Information Journal 1999;33:821-833.
5. Berry SM, Reese CS, Larkey PM. Bridging Different Eras in Sports. Journal of American Statistical Association 1999;94:661-684
6. Berry SM, Carroll RJ, Ruppert D. Bayesian smoothing and regression splines for measurement error problems. Journal of the American Statistical Association 2002;97:160-169.
7. Berry DA, Berry SM, McKellar JJ, Pearson T. Bayesian dose response meta-analysis comparing LDL-C lowering of rosuvastatin and atorvastatin. American Heart Journal 2003;145:1036-1045.
8. Hennekens CH, Sacks FM, Tonkin A, Jukema JW, Byington RP, Pitt B, Berry DA, Berry SM, Ford NF, Walker AJ, Natarajan K, Lin C-S, Fiedorek FT, Belder R. Additive benefits of pravastatin and aspirin to decrease risks of cardiovascular disease: Randomized and observational comparisons of secondary prevention trials and their meta-analysis. Archives of Internal Medicine 2004;164:40-44.
9. Berry SM, Berry DA, Natarajan K, Lin C-S, Hennekens CH, Belder R. Bayesian survival analysis with nonproportional hazards: Metanalysis of pravastatin-aspirin. Journal of the American Statistical Association 2004;99:36-44.
10. Berry SM, Berry DA. Accounting for multiplicities in assessing drug safety: A three-level hierarchical mixture model. Biometrics 2004;60:418-426.
11. Julian TB, Blumencranz P, Deck K, Whitworth P, Berry DA, Berry SM, Rosenberg A, Chagpar AB, Reintgen D, Beitsch P, Simmons R, Saha S, Mamounas EP, Giuliano A. A Novel Intra-operative Molecular Test for Sentinel Lymph Nodes Metastases in Early Stage Breast Cancer Patients. Journal of Clinical Oncology 2008;26:3338-3345.
12. Wilber DJ, Pappone C, Neuzil P, De Paola A, Marchlinski F, Natale A, Macle L, Daoud EG, Calkins H, Hall B, Reddy V, Augello G, Reynolds MR, Vinekar C, Liu CY, Berry SM, Berry DA; ThermoCool AF Trial Investigators. Comparison of antiarrhythmic drug therapy and radiofrequency catheter ablation in patients with paroxysmal atrial fibrillation: a randomized controlled trial. Journal of the American Medical Association 2010;303(4):333-40.
13. Carroll JD, Saver JL, Thaler DE, Smalling RW, Berry SM, MacDonald LA, Marks DS, Tirschwell DL; Closure of Patent Foramen Ovale versus Medical Therapy after Cryptogenic Stroke, New England Journal of Medicine, 2013, 368, 1092-100.
14. Lewis RJ, Viele K, Broglio K, Berry SM, Jones A; An adaptive, Phase II, Dose-finding Clinical Trial Design to Evaluate L-Carnatine in the Treatment of Septic Shock Based on Efficacy and Predictive Probability of Subsequent Phase III Success, Critical Care Medicine, 2013, 41, 7, 1-5.
15. Berry SM, Carlin, BP, Lee, JJ, and Mueller, P (2010) Bayesian Adaptive Methods for Clinical Trials, Chapman & Hall.