Jianghua (Wendy) He, Ph.D.
Associate Professor, Department of Biostatistics & Data Science
B.S., Information Management, University of Science and Technology of China
M.S., Management Science, University of Science and Technology of China
M.A., Statistics, Bowling Green State University, Bowling Green, OH
Ph.D., Statistics, Florida State University, Tallahassee, FL
2003, Teaching Fellowship, Florida State University
2004, Best First-year Student in theoretical statistics and Book Award, Statistics Dept., Florida State University
2006, Student Paper Award, American Statistical Association (ASA) Chapter Meeting of Florida
2006, Winner of the Yongyuan and Anna Li Student Presentation, Stat. Dept., FSU
2008, MVP award for serving as a Team Captain in the 2008 Walk to Defeat ALS
2010 Faculty Travel Award, University of Kansas Medical Center
2012 Faculty Travel Award, University of Kansas Medical Center
Survival Analysis, Time-Varying Coefficent Survival Models, Meta Analysis, Missing Data Imputation, Bayesian Dynamic Survival Models, Epidemiology, Nursing, Obesity and Cardiology Research
Personal Mission Statement
I love my job as it combines three things that I enjoy doing: collaborative research, teaching, and statistical methodology research. These three components intertwine with each other, methodology research serves collaborative research and teaching, collaborative research and teaching motivates methodology research, and collaborative research enriches teaching with first hand application experience. Being in a medical and health-related research environment, my job fulfill the ultimate goal of statistics: applications.
Top 15 Publications
1. Johnson SB, Pilkinton LL, Deeb LC, Jeffers S, He J, and Lamp C. Prevalence of Overweight in North Florida Elementary and Middle School Children: Effects of Age, Sex, Ethnicity, and Socioeconomic Status. Journal of School Health. 2007,77,630-636.
2. Johnson SB, Pilkinton LL, Lamp C, He J, and Deeb LC: Parent Reactions to a School-Based Body Mass Index Screening Program. Journal of School Health. 2009, 79:216-223.
3. Meyers DG, Neuberger J, He J. Cardiovascular Effect of Bans on Smoking in Public Places: A Systemic Review and Meta-analysis, Journal of the American College of Cardiology, 2009,54:1249-1255.
4. Quaney B M, Boyd LA, McDowd J, Zahner LH, He J, Mayo MS, Macko R. Aerobic exercise improves cognition and motor function post-stroke, Neurorehabilitation and Neural Repair, 2009, 23:879-885.
5. He J, McGee D, Niu X, and Won C: Examining the Dynamic Association of BMI and Mortality in the Framingham Heart Study. The International Journal of Environmental Research and Public Health. 2009, 6 (12): 3115 - 3126.
6. Quaney BM, He J, Timberlake G, Dodd K, and Carr C: Visuomotor Training Improves Stroke-Related Ipsilesional Upper Extremity Impairments. Neurorehabilitation and Neural Repair. 2010, 24(1): 52-61.
7. He J, McGee D, and Niu X: Application of the Bayesian Dynamic Survival Model in Medicine. Statistics in Medicine. 2010, 29:347--360.
8. Wei J, Sykes KJ, Johnson P, He J, Mayo M. Safety and efficacy of once daily nasal irrigation for the treatment of pediatric chronic rhinosinusitis. Laryngoscope. 2011, 121:1989-2000.
9. He J: Modeling the Dynamic Association of BMI and Mortality in the Framingham Heart Study. Annals of Epidemiology. 2011, 21(7):517-25.
10. He J, Mayo M: Adjusted Interim Survival Analysis under Nonproportional Hazards, Communications in Statistics: Simulation and Computation, 2012; 41:1, 111-124.
11. Pasnoor M, He J, Herbelin L, Dimachkie M, Barohn RJ, Muscle Study Group. Phase II Trial of Methotrexate in Myasthenia Gravis. Annals of The New York Academy of Sciences. 2012, 1275 (2012) 23-28.
12. He J, Dunton N, Staggs V. Unit-level time trends in inpatient fall rates of U.S. hospitals. Medical Care, 2012, 50(9):801-7.
13. Mahnken JD, He J, Yeh H, Nazir N, Jianas LL, Engelman KK. Survival analysis applied to proportion data: comparing mammography visits in high and low repeat rate facilities. Health Services and Outcomes Research Methodology. 2013, 13(1):68-83.
14. Moriarty PM, Backes JM, Dutton J, He J, Ruisinger JF, Schmelzle K,. Apple pectin for the reduction of niacin-induced flushing. Journal of Clinical Lipidology. 2013, 7:140-146.
15. He J, Staggs V, Bergquist-Beringer S, Dunton N. Seasonality and time trend of hospital acquired pressure ulcers in US hospitals. Research in Nursing and Health. 2013 (published online).