Brian J. Barnes, PharmD, MS
PharmD, KU School of Pharmacy, Lawrence, KS
MS, Master of Science in Clinical Research, KU School of Medicine, Kansas City, KS
Residency, Barnes-Jewish Hospital, St. Louis, MO
Fellowship, NIH K30 Clinical Research Scholar, Department of Preventive Medicine, University of Kansas, Kansas City, KS
- Cardiothoracic Surgery
- Influence of drug therapy on outcomes of patients undergoing cardiac surgery
- Postoperative complications: hypertension, hemorrhage, renal failure, atrial fibrillation
- Backes JM, Barnes, BJ, Ruisinger JF, Wytock JC, Meier, JD, Moriarty JM. A comparison of 25-hydroxyvitamin D serum levels among those with or without statin-associated myalgias. Atherosclerosis 2011; In press
- Barnes BJ, Solomon SC, Howard PA, Lakkireddy D, Kramer JB, Muehlebach GF, Daon E, Zorn GL, Vacek JL. Preoperative statin use is not associated with a reduced risk of atrial fibrillation after cardiac surgery. Journal of Atrial Fibrillation 2011;2(5):1-8.
- Barnes BJ, Howard PA, Solomon SC, Chen W, Vacek JL. The Impact of Omega-3 Fatty Acid Use on the Risk of Atrial Fibrillation in Patients with Cardiovascular Disease. International Journal of Clinical Medicine 2011;2:23-27.
- Barnes BJ, Howard PA, Kramer JB, Daon E, Zorn GL, Lai SM, Grauer DW, Muehlebach GF. Cost Effectiveness Of Intravenous Nicardipine Versus Sodium Nitroprusside For Postoperative Hypertension After Cardiac Surgery. In: Program and abstracts of the Society of Critical Care Medicine 40th Critical Care Congress; January 15-19, 2011; San Diego, CA Abstract #238. Also published in Critical Care Medicine 2010;38(12):A238.
- Howard PA, Barnes BJ, Vacek JL, Chen W, Lai SM. Impact of biphosphonates on the risk of atrial fibrillation. American Journal of Cardiovascular Drugs 2010;10:359-367.
- Eldringhoff DM, Backes JM, Ruisinger JF, Dutton JS, Barnes BJ, Belmont JM, Moriarty PM. Aggressive treatment of cardiovascular risk factors results in the reduction of atherosclerosis growth as measured by carotid intima media thickness: experience from an atherosclerosis prevention clinic. In: Program and abstracts of the International Academy of Cardiology, 15th World Congress on Heart Disease. July 26, 2010; Vancouver, BC, Canada. Abstract #: S30.
- Barnes BJ and Hollands JM. Drug-induced arrhythmias. Critical Care Medicine 2010;38:S188-S197.
- Moriarty PM, Barnes BJ, Ruisinger JF, Backes JM. Assessment of Accelerated Atherosclerosis in Asymptomatic Firemen: The 4 “A”larm Study. In: Program and abstracts of the American Heart Association Joint Conference of the Cardiovascular Disease Epidemiology and Prevention and Nutrition, Physical Activity and Metabolism; March 10-14, 2009. Palm Harbor, FL. Abstract # P248. Also published in Circulation 2009;119(10):e337.
Feb 14, 2013