The molecular biology laboratories within the CVRI are engaged in dissection of signaling and genetic pathways involved in cardiac response to injury, cardiac repair, and cardiovascular homeostasis in health and disease. The major areas of interest include:
- to elucidate the underlying molecular mechanisms of cardiac protection against ischemia and ischemia/reperfusion injury
- to examine the role of cytokines (IL-6, TNF-alpha, and others) in myocardial repair
- to understand the role of stress-responsive transcription factors (STATs, NF-kB, Nrf2, and others) in cardiac protection
- to delineate the participation of Wnt signaling in the cardiovascular system
- to explore the molecular effects of genetic manipulations involving stress-responsive pathways in the myocardium
Investigators, trainees, and associates:
- Buddhadeb Dawn, M.D.
- Yu-Ting Xuan, Ph.D.
- Rajasingh Johnson, M.Phil, Ph.D.
- Ou-Li Wang, M.D.
- Yanqing Zhu, Ph.D.
- Tanner Buehler, BS.
- Sheng Ye
Dec 01, 2015