Peers are a critical component to the GNO program. Peer models are needed to help participants learn and practice new skills during age appropriate social and self-care activities. Peers model appropriate skills, learn how to promote social interactions and play a big role in helping empower girls with developmental disabilities reach their goals!
- Demonstrate leadership and model appropriate skills and behaviors.
- Meet girls the same age and enjoy various activities in the community.
- Improve leadership skills, empathy, & better understanding about working well with others.
- Learn about autism and other developmental disabilities.
- Improve communication & other interpersonal skills.
- Earn community service hours.
- Complete training to help facilitate social and conversation opportunities and reinforce specific skills that girls learn and practice.
Sep 02, 2016