Steps to Schedule an Appointment
The Center for Child Health and Development (CCHD) will evaluate for: Autism Spectrum Disorder, Developmental Delays, Intellectual Disabilities.
New Patient Appointments
We have updated the process for scheduling appointments in the CCHD. If you are a new patient, please call 913-588-6300, Option 5, Option 2 and follow the steps below.
A Physician Referral Form is Required
Complete Over the Phone Patient Intake
To Keep Your Appointment
- A Physician Referral Form is required. Please ask your child's physician to complete and fax our online Physician Referral Form to 913-274-3546.
- Please call 913-588-6300, Option 5,Option 2.
- Once the phone intake process is completed, an appointment will be scheduled.
- Once the appointment is scheduled you will receive a link via email for the Patient Information Form (PIF). This document must be completed one month prior to your appointment.
- We will contact you three months prior to the appointment to confirm. If we are unable to reach you at this time your appointment may be rescheduled.
- We must receive these documents at least one month prior to your appointiment:
- Patient Information Form (PIF) and the
- Physician Referral Form
- Additional documents needed if applicable are:
- IFSP (infant toddler)
- School evaluation to determine eligibility for special education services
- IEP Documents, 504 Plans (most recent)
- Previous developmental or mental health evaluations
- Hearing screening if under 6 years old
- Fax documents to 913-274-3546 or mail to:
Center for Child Health & Development
The University of Kansas Health System
3901 Rainbow Blvd. – Mail Stop 4003
Kansas City, KS 66160
Follow-up Appointments Only
If your child has been seen within one year since your last appointment please call 913-588-6300, Option 5, Option 2 to schedule a follow-up appointment.
Dec 04, 2018