Rajasingh Johnson, MPhil, PhD, HCLD
Assistant Professor of Medicine - Cardiology
MPhil, Presidency College, Chennai, India
PhD, SGPGI Lucknow and Avadh University, Faizabad, India
Postdoctoral, Vanderbilt University, Nashville and Tufts University, Boston
- Reprogramming of somatic cells to generate induced pluripotent (iPS cells) or multipotent stem cells and its therapeutic potential in regenerative medicines;
- Study the mechanisms of reprogramming by histone deacetylation and DNA methylation;
- Use of embryonic and adult stem cells in cardiovascular and lung vascular repair and regeneration.
- Rajasingh J, Thangavel J, Siddiqui MR, Geenen D, Gomes I, Gao XP, Kishore R, Malik AB. Transplantation of cardiac progenitor cells derived from epigenetically reprogrammed bone marrow progenitor cells restores cardiac function following myocardial infarction in mice. (Under revision 2011).
- Krishnamurthy P, Rajasingh J, Lambers E, Qin G, Losordo DW, Kishore R. IL-10 attenuates inflammation mediated left ventricular remodeling after myocardial infarction via activation of STAT-3 and suppression of HuR. Circulation Research 104:e9-18, 2009.
- Suriano R, Chaudhuri D, Rajasingh J, Lambers E, Kishore R, Tiwari RK. 17-b-estradiol mobilizes bone marrow endothelial progenitor cells to tumors. Cancer Research 66 (15), 6038-42, 2008.
- Rajasingh J, Lambers E, Hamada H, Bord E, Thorne T, Goukassian I, Krishnamurthy P, Rosen KM, Ahluwalia D, Zhu Y, Qin G, Losordo DW, Kishore R. Cell-free Embryonic Stem Cell Extract-mediated derivation of Multipotent Stem Cells from NH3T3 Fibroblasts for Functional and Anatomical Ischemic Tissue Repair. Circulation Research 102(11):e107-17, 2008.
- Rajasingh J, Hamada H, Qin G, Bord E, Silver M, Mehta S, Goukassain D, Losordo DW, Kishore R. STAT3-dependent mouse Embryonic Stem Cell Differentiation into Cardiomyocytes: Analysis of Molecular Signaling and Therapeutic Efficacy of Cardiomyocyte Pre-committed mES in a Mouse Model of myocardial Infarction Circulation Research 101:910-918. 2007
- Rajasingh J, Bord E, Qin G, Ii M, Silver M, Hamada H, Goukassian D, Zhu Y, Losordo DW, Kishore R. Enhanced Voluntary Alcohol Consumption Following Estrogen Supplementation Negates Estrogen- mediated Vascular Repair in Ovariectomized Mice. Endocrinology 148(8):3618-24, 2007
- Rajasingh J, Bord E, Luedemann C, Asai J, Hamada H, Thorne T, Qin G, Goukassian D, Zhu Y, Losordo DW, Kishore R. IL-10-induced TNF-alpha mRNA Destabilization is Mediated via IL-10 Suppression of p38 MAP Kinase Activation and Inhibition of HuR Expression FASEB J. 12:2112-2124, 2006
- Rajasingh J and Bright JJ. 15-Deoxy-Δ12,14-Prostaglandin J2 Regulates Leukemia Inhibitory Factor Signaling through JAK-STAT Pathway in Mouse Embryonic Stem Cell. Experimental Cell Research 312: 2538-2546, 2006.
- Raikwar HP, Muthian G, Rajasingh J, Johnson C, Bright JJ. PPARγ antagonists reverse the inhibition of neural antigen-specific Th1 response and experimental allergic encephalomyelitis by Ciglitazone and 15-Deoxy-Δ12,14-Prostaglandin J2. Journal of Neuroimmunology 178: 76-86, 2006
- Muthian G, Raikwar HP, Rajasingh J, Bright JJ. 1,25 Dihydroxyvitamin D3 Modulates JAK-STAT Pathway in IL-12/IFN|gamma| Axis Leading to Th1 Response in Experimental Allergic Encephalomyelitis. Journal of Neuroscience Research 83: 1299-1309, 2006
- Rajasingh J, Raikwar HP, Muthian G, Johnson C, Bright JJ. Curcumin induces growth-arrest and apoptosis by blocking the constitutive activation of JAK-STAT signaling pathway in T cell Leukemia. Biochem. Biophysi. Res. Commun. 340: 359-368, 2006.
- Muthian G, Raikwar HP, Johnson C, Rajasingh J, Bright JJ. COX-2 Inhibitors modulate Th1 response in experimental allergic encephalomyelitis by blocking IL-12 signaling through JAK-STAT pathway in T lymphocytes. Journal of Clinical Immunology, 26: 73-85, 2006.
- Rajasingh J and Pillai SM. Successful ICSI pregnancy in a 56-year-old woman. Ind. J. Multi. Res. 1 (2): 27-29, 2005.
- Raikwar HP, Muthian G, Rajasingh J, Johnson C, Bright JJ. Bisphenol A Diglycidyl ether A PPAR antagonist exacerbates neural antigen-induced Th1 response and experimental allergic encephalomyelitis. Journal of Neuroimmunology Oct;167(1-2):99-107, 2005.
Abstracts Presented at National Meetings (2007-2010)
- Rajasingh J, Hamada H, Qin G, Losordo DW and Kishore R. De-differentiation and Epigenetic Reprogramming of Somatic Cells into Pluripotent Stem Like Cells and Its Therapeutic Efficacy in Mouse Model of Acute Myocardial Ischemia. Selected for presentation at 4th Annual Symposium of the American Heart Association Council on Basic Cardiovascular Sciences, Colorado 2007.
- Rajasingh J, Hamada H, Qin G, Losordo DW and Kishore R. STAT3-Dependent Cross Talk Signaling Mechanism of LIF and BMP-2 in Mouse Embryonic Stem Cell Differentiation into Cardiomyocytes and its Therapeutic Efficacy in Mouse model of Myocardial Infarction. Selected for presentation at 4th Annual Symposium of the AHA Council on Basic Cardiovascular Sciences, Colorado 2007.
- Sekiguchi H, Jujo K, Rajasingh J, Thorne T, Clarke T, Misener S, Kenny J, Ii M, Losordo DW. Neural stem cells contribute to peripheral nerve repair by coordinated angiogenesis and neurogenesis. AHA 2007.
- Rajasingh J, Krishnamurthy P, Lambers E, Sekiguchi H, David CJ, Thorne T, Qin G, Losordo DW, Kishore R. Derivation of Multipotent Stem Cells from Epigenetically Modified Endothelial Progenitor Cells. Circulation 118:S392, 2008.
- Rajasingh J, Gomes I, Malik AB. Reprogramming of Endothelial Progenitor Cells: Unipotency Toward Multipotency. EB 2010.
Nov 30, 2012