Biochemistry and Molecular Biology
Our mission is to:
- provide a dynamic research environment with programs in the disciplines of biochemistry and molecular biology
- provide a superior educational experience for graduate students and medical students
- provide a rich training environment for postdoctoral fellows
- provide service to our institution and community
Our areas of research strength include:
- Regulation of gene expression, emphasizing but not limited to transcription regulation.
- Protein folding and structure determination.
- Allosteric regulation of protein function.
- Signal transduction
Our faculty members are associated with a variety of cross-disciplinary centers within the university, including The Kidney Institute, the COBRE for Protein Structure and Function, the COBRE for Novel Approaches for Control of Microbial Pathogens, the COBRE for Molecular Regulation of Cell Development and Differentiation, the Cancer Center and the Institute for Fetal Maternal Biology.
Core services are available, which includes: a transgenic mouse facility; a biotechnology support center that offers DNA synthesis, sequencing, and microchip analysis; a state-of-the-art mass spectrometry facility; in-house x-ray crystallographic equipment; and a variety of spectroscopy and calorimetry instruments, including advanced fluorescence equipment.
BMB Faculty, May 2017
Oct 05, 2018