Information for Patients
We want to provide you with information about your asthma in order for you to self-manage and take control of your asthma. As you become more knowledgeable about your asthma, you will be able to successfully perform the following daily self-management tasks:
- Monitor you symptoms.
- Monitor your airways, while using a Wright Peak Flow meter (as soon as you awake).
- Review Asthma Action Plan. For example; know whether you fit into the Yellow, Green, or Red zone based on your asthma symptoms and peak flow measurement.
- Understand how to adjust your treatment if your asthma is getting worse.
- Know what course of action to take if your symptoms and pulmonary function (Peak Flow Meter results) do not get better after adjusting your treatment.
- IMPORTANT: Remember to test your asthma knowledge by taking the quiz at the end of each module.