Medical Student Research Program
To provide interested medical students with a challenging and rewarding experience that exposes them to the opportunities within the medical field of anesthesiology and research.
Provide opportunities to support medical students focusing on anesthesiology research, training in scientific methods and techniques, and learning to incorporate research into a medical career.
Medical students can expect a formal mentor-protégé relationship with an experienced investigator, training in methods and research techniques, as well as clinical anesthesia activities.
Interested medical students should contact Brigid Flynn, MD at email@example.com and include:
- An up-to-date curriculum vitae that outlines education experience in research and other professional educational activities
- List any anesthesiology or perioperative medicine experience
- Complete and attach application, must be received by January 31st
There will be a short interview between the applicant, Dr. Flynn and the Research Manager, Dr. Angie Ballew, to:
- Review the applicant's CV
- Evaluate the level of participation in previous research experience
- Elicit particular areas of research interest
- Assess level of commitment the applicant can provide
- Address questions from the applicant
Summer Research Fellowship
Provide interested medical students in their first, second, or third years with an eight-week research experience within the anesthesiology department. During the fellowship, students will participate in research and training activities, as well as clinical anesthesia activities. In addition, medical student summer fellowships provide the opportunity to make a scientific presentation at the American Society of Anesthesiologist annual meeting.
Foundation for Anesthesia Education and Research (FAER)
Applications have closed for the MSARF Summer program. If you are a medical student who wants to pursue an anesthesiology residency and gain experience in research, you may apply for an 8-week summer anesthesia research fellowship next year funded by the Foundation for Anesthesia Education and Research. The deadline to apply for the summer 2019 program will be January 31, 2019. To apply or learn more visit the FAER website.