Optional - Recognition of LEAD Program Completion
Participants have the option to pursue and receive a "Leadership Education and Development Certificate of Completion". In addition to meeting the participant expectations previously noted, it entails meeting and/or completing the supplementary tasks noted below.
- Attendance to all topic presentations (60% in person). If a participant pursuing the LEAD Certificate of Completion needs to miss a topic presentation they will be expected to read the required readings associated with the topic, view the recorded presentation, and complete the post written assessment for that topic.
- Faculty Participants pursuing the LEAD Certificate of Completion are expected to develop and complete an individual leadership project. Projects will be approved by the Program Director, the Chair of the Department, or an individual's mentor. Examples of projects include:
- Work on a project for the City, State, or National Anesthesiology or Medical Societies, and summarize level of participation and accomplishments.
- Work with a team to implement a new clinical or educational program.
- Work to advocate for reimbursement, legislative, or policy change.
- Serve on a University or Hospital planning or advisory committee, and summarize level of participation, challenges, and accomplishments.
- Serve as an officer for the City, State, or National Anesthesiology or Medical Societies, and summarize challenges and accomplishments.
Mar 13, 2019