How to apply to KU Nurse Anesthesia
The current application cycle has closed. Please check for our next upcoming application that opens on March 15, 2014
The application period begins March 15 and closes July 15 each year. All prerequisites must be completed before the program start date. The prerequisite review worksheet can help applicants determine if they have met all program requirements. Therefore, it is strongly recommended that applicants complete the prerequisite review worksheet as early as possible to allow the applicant sufficient time to obtain missing course work if necessary. Admission to the program is increasingly competitive, and applicants who have completed all prerequisites by the application deadline are given priority in the selection process.
Before You Apply
The application process is almost entirely online. It will be helpful if you have the following information ready before starting the application. Details on each item are found on the eligibility and requirements page and on the page of frequently asked questions.
- Prerequisite Review – Applicants will provide this information online.
- Goal Statement – Please type or copy and paste your goal statement online.
- Resume/CV – A resume or CV must be uploaded as a part of your application information online.
- Recommendations – Have the name, position/title, organization/ institution, phone number and email address of three references.
- CCRN – If certified, a copy of the certification card must be uploaded with the application.
- Shadow Verification Form – If shadow experience has been completed, the form will be uploaded with the online application. If the shadow experience has not yet been completed, the form may be submitted at a later date..
- Proof of enrollment – A proof of enrollment may be submitted with the online application if any prerequisite course work has not been completed. See question 12 in the FAQ for more information. This information may also be submitted at a later date.
Step 1: Online Application and Fee
Submit the application online using the link at the bottom of this page. Please read all instructions carefully and complete all required fields on the application. Before the application can be completed, payment of the application fee must be provided.
Step 2: Additional Application Steps
In addition to submitting the online application, the following must be completed:
- Contact each reference to inform the individual they will be receiving an email from "KU Medical Center " requesting they submit a reference online.
- Arrange to have one official copy of the transcript from every college and university attended sent directly to KU at the address below. This is required regardless of the number of classes taken or if credits may also show up on another transcript. Transcripts must be sent directly from the institution to KU. Transcripts marked "Issued to Student" are not acceptable, even if in a sealed envelope. If course work was completed at an institution outside the United States, please review the foreign transcript policy.
- If any of the following required documents were not submitted with the online application, they must be delivered directly to the department by fax (913-588-3334) or to the office's mailing address: Mail Stop 2020, 3901 Rainbow Boulevard, Kansas City, KS 66160:
- Shadow verification form
- CCRN verification (if applicable)
- Proof of enrollment in any missing prerequisite courses
- Check the online application activity page to see the latest status of the completed application at http://www.applyweb.com/cgi-bin/ustat. It is recommended this be checked regularly. As application materials enter processing, the applicant will receive an email from the department indicating the status of his or her application.
Please send transcripts to KU Medical Center at the following address:
Student Services / Office of Admissions
Mail Stop 4029
3901 Rainbow Blvd.
Kansas City, KS 66160
After submitting your application
Decisions about interviews will be made in September and applicants should hear from the department by the end of September. Qualified applicants who are invited to attend a personal interview must attend their interview to be considered. Applicants receive notification of their acceptance to the program in December.
Before the start of the program, all students admitted to the program must submit to a background check
at the student's expense. Students must also obtain a Kansas and Missouri RN license and complete ACLS, BLS and PALS certification, and keep them current throughout the program at the student's expense
Questions? Need Assistance?
If, after reviewing the information on this website, applicants still have questions, the office staff will be happy to answer any questions regarding the program or the application process. email@example.com
, (913) 588-6612, 771 TTY
The KU Nurse Anesthesia Education program reserves the right to make changes in policy, tuition, financial aid, and fee structure as the needs of its administration, faculty, students, and conducting or affiliating institutions change. These changes may occur without prior notification. For any questions, and to assure that you have the most current information available, please contact the program offices.
Jul 16, 2013