Frequently Asked Questions about KU's certificate program in Nuclear Medicine Technology

Do you accept transfer students?
Due to the twelve-month intense training period, we do not accept advanced placement, part-time or transfer students.

What on-campus housing options are available for students?
There is no student housing on the KU Medical Center campus. Most students live in apartments in surrounding neighborhoods and are responsible for arranging their own housing. Housing is available for students on the Lawrence campus: see Student Housing for information.

Is the background check required when applying to the program?
not during the application process, but students are required to follow the background check procedure once accepted into the program and to complete it before entering the program.

I already have a degree, but it's not from a U.S. college or university. What steps do I need to take?
All non-U.S. transcripts must be evaluated before they will be accepted. Please see our information for international students page for more details about this procedure.

I need driving directions.
KU Medical Center is centrally located in Kansas City and easily accessible from I-35. The campus resides at 39th Street and Rainbow Boulevard. See: KU Medical Center maps, parking and directions. The main campus of KU is located in Lawrence, Kan. along Interstate 70. See: KU-Lawrence maps, parking and directions.

Last modified: Sep 04, 2014


Please direct inquiries about the application process, requirements, admissions, deadlines, etc. to Laci Chard.

For questions about the program, such as curriculum and clinical instruction, please contact Kellee George, MS, RT, program director.

Prospective Students

The priority deadline to apply to this program is February 1. Applications may be accepted after the deadline based on space available in the next class.

Learn about the program:
Program overview
Eligibility and requirements
Tuition and fees
How to apply
Contact us

Careers in Nuclear Medicine

Learn about the profession and employment opportunities