Program Mission, Goals & Objectives
The mission of the University of Kansas Dietetic Internship Program is to produce registered dietitian nutritionists with enhanced skills in nutrition therapy for health and education positions that will provide services for the citizens of Kansas, the region, the nation, and the world.
The KU Dietetic Internship goals and objectives are as follows:
Program Goal #1 – The program prepares graduates to be competent entry-level dietitians.
- 80% of students will complete the program over a 5 year period.
- 80% of students will complete the program within 150% of time or within 15 months of the10 month long program over a 5 year period.
- Graduates will achieve at least a 90% first time pass rate on the Registration Exam for Dietitians over a 5 year period.
- 80% of employers will rate graduate’s entry level dietetic skills as “satisfactory” or higher over a 5 year period.
Program Goal #2 - The program prepares graduates for medical nutrition therapy practice and participation in professional organizations.
- 75% of respondents to graduate surveys will obtain employment related to medical nutrition therapy practice within one year after completing the DI program over a 5 year period.
- 75% of respondents to graduate surveys will be members of the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics or related professional organizations over a 5 year period.
- Three years post program completion, 80% of graduates will rate their preparation for entry-level practice as adequately prepared or better over a 5 year period.
Program outcome data are available upon request. We are currently exceeding all program goals listed above.
Oct 04, 2016