Program Mission, Goals & Objectives
The mission of the KU School of Health Professions:
- To serve the citizens of Kansas, the region, and the nation and to develop tomorrow’s leaders through exemplary education, research and service.
The mission of the KU dietetic internship graduate certificate program:
- To produce competent entry-level registered dietitian nutritionists with enhanced skills in nutrition therapy using evidence-based practice to support the health of citizens of Kansas, the region, the nation, and the world.
The KU dietetic internship certificate program goals and objectives are as follows:
Program Goal #1: The program prepares graduates to be competent entry-level registered dietitian nutritionists.
- At least 80% of program interns complete program requirements within 15 months (150% of the program length).
- 80% of program graduates take the CDR credentialing exam for dietitian nutritionists within 12 months of program completion.
- The program’s one-year pass rate (graduates who pass the registration exam within one year of first attempt) on the CDR credentialing exam for dietitian nutritionists is at least 80%.
- 80% of employers who respond to a survey on program graduates in their first year of employment indicate that graduates demonstrate adequate knowledge and practice ability for entry-level practice as a dietitian (rating of at least 4 on a 5-point scale) over a 3-year period.
- Three years post program completion, 80% of respondents to graduate surveys rate their preparation for entry level practice as adequately prepared or better over a 3-year period.
Program Goal #2: The program prepares graduates for practice in the field of dietetics and nutrition and participation in professional organizations.
- Of graduates who seek employment, 75% are employed in nutrition and dietetics or related fields within 12 months of graduation.
- 60% of respondents to graduate surveys are members of the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics or related professional organizations over a 3-year period.
Program outcome data are available upon request.
Sep 20, 2019