Latest update as of March 20, 2020
In coordination with leadership of the University of Kansas Medical Center, the KU School of Health Professions continues to monitor the trend of COVID-19 and SARS-CoV-2, the novel coronavirus.
The school has implemented actions intended to reduce the risk of disease transmission in the interest of protecting the health of visitors, patients, students, and employees.
Please refer to the general information regarding the School of Health Professions that is accessible via KU School of Health Professions website.
The Department of Dietetics and Nutrition prepared a department-specific plan and provided that to the Office of the Dean for review. Upon approval, these plans were communicated to faculty, staff, and students.
All on-campus classes will be provided online for the rest of the semester. Students in the dietetic internship program will continue practicum rotations when possible. Alternate experiences are being prepared for those who cannot go to rotations.
Do email us at email@example.com if you have any questions.
The department's main office remains open at this time. However, most faculty and staff are working remotely from home as recommended during the COVID-19 coronavirus pandemic.
- For questions concerning student applications, vendors, office management, or general inquiries: contact Bonny Murrell.
- For questions related to the dietetic internship program: contact Jeannine Goetz.
- For questions about the master's degree program: contact Heather Gibbs.
- For questions about the medical nutrition science doctoral program: contact Susan Carlson.
- For questions about the clinical nutrition doctoral program: contact Debra Sullivan.
All departmental plans are in addition to information provided by the executive vice chancellor including those distributed via several university broadcast email messages.
The health and safety of KU students and employees is the top priority for the School of Health Professions.
Please send any questions or concerns to the school at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Mar 24, 2020