Frequently Asked Questions

How many credits can transfer to KU's Cytotechnology program?

A maximum of 64 of the total 90 credit hours may be transferred to the program.

I don't have the math prerequisite. Can I test out and earn an exemption?

Yes. If you do not possess an equivalent math course, you may take a placement exam to see if a math course will be required.

Do I need to get the background check done when applying to the program?

Not during the application process, but you will be required to follow the background check procedure once you are accepted into the program and to complete it before you are allowed to enter the program. Students in online-only programs are not required to complete a background check.

Will my financial aid transfer over from KU-Lawrence Campus to KU Medical Center?

No, it does not transfer from KU to KUMC. Contact the KUMC Office of Student Financial Aid at 913-588-5170 or visit their website.

I already have a degree, but it's from a non-U.S. university. What steps do I need to take?

All non-U.S. transcripts must be evaluated before they will be accepted. Please see our information for international students page for more details about this procedure.

Is there any housing available on-campus?

There is no student housing on the KU Medical Center campus. Most students live in apartments in surrounding neighborhoods and are responsible for arranging their own housing. Many local housing ads are posted on this Web site.

I need driving directions to KU Medical Center.

KU Medical Center is centrally located in Kansas City and easily accessible from I-35. The campus resides at 39th Street and Rainbow Boulevard. See our maps and directions page for more information.

Last modified: Jan 09, 2013