Frequently Asked Questions
Here are some answers to some frequently asked questions.
- What is the abstract submission deadline?
April 1st, 2018 @ 11:59 PM
- What is the word limit for abstracts?
250 word maximum!!! Due to limited space in the program book, abstracts are limited to 250 words.
- What are the scoring criteria?
Please see the scoring criteria here.
- How many abstracts may I submit?
Presenting authors may submit a maximum of 2 abstracts. Both can be posters, both can be oral presentations, or one of each may be submitted. Duplicate abstracts or research projects submitted as both an oral and poster will not be accepted. There is no limit on the number of co-authorships (i.e. appearing as a contributor).
- Are case reports eligible for submission?
Yes, case reports will be accepted, however single case reports (versus a case series) are not eligible for an award.
- Are all submitted abstracts accepted for presentation?
The number of presentations the forum is able to accommodate is limited. We will make every effort to accommodate as many submissions as possible; however, there is a chance that some presentations will not be accepted for presentation due to this limitation. Some presenters may be given the opportunity to present in a different format (oral or poster) than requested.
- Is there any help available with writing my abstract?
If you're feeling overwhelmed, not quite sure where to start, and/or just need a little writing assistance, consider reaching out to The Writing Center on campus. They will provide free, individualized, one-on-one feedback on your written work. 30- or 60-minute consultations are available.
- How much time is allotted for an oral presentation?
Presentation time is limited to 15 minutes plus an additional 3 minutes for questions and answers.
- What will be the required time commitment on the day of my presentation?
For poster sessions, you are required to stand by your poster for the entire 2-hour period. For oral presentations, you will be required to arrive 10 minutes prior to your scheduled presentation time (so your total time commitment will be about 25 minutes).
- Will I be allowed to use my personal computer for my oral presentation?
No personal computers may be used!! Only computers assigned to each presentation room in the Beller Conference Center may be used for oral presentations.
- How much space is allotted for the poster presentation?
You will have one 4' x 6' board for displaying your poster. The suggested size is 3.5' by 5'5". Posters larger than one poster board will not be allowed.
- Am I required to attend my poster presentation?
Presenters MUST be at their poster during the poster session to be eligible for an award.
- When will I be notified if my abstract has been accepted and/or regarding my scheduled presentation time?
You will be notified approximately one week after the abstract submission deadline.
Dec 27, 2017