Frequently Asked Questions
Here are some answers to some frequently asked questions.
- What are the important dates for abstract submission?
Begin on-line submission: February 2015 (exact date TBD)
End on-line submission: April 2015 (exact date TBD)
REMINDER: Adds, drops and changes can be done continuously during this time period.
- What is the word limit for abstracts?
250 word maximum!!! Due to limited space in the program book, abstracts are limited to 250 words.
- What are the scoring criteria for my presentation or abstract?
Please see the scoring criteria here.
- What is the limit on the number of abstract submissions made by a presenting author?
Presenting authors may submit a maximum of 2 abstracts. Both can be posters, both can be oral presentations, or one of each may be submitted. Duplicate abstracts or research projects submitted as both an oral and poster will not be accepted. There is no limit on the number of co-authorships (i.e. appearing as a contributor).
- Are case reports eligible for submission?
Yes, case reports will be accepted, however single case reports (versus a case series) are not eligible for an award.
- How much time is allowed for each oral presentation?
Presentation time is limited to fifteen (15) minutes to include three (3) minutes for questions and answers.
- What will be the required time commitment on the day of my presentation?
For poster sessions, you are required to stand by your poster for the entire 2-hour period. For oral presentations, you will be notified of your assigned presentation time about 2 weeks in advance, and you will be required to arrive 10 minutes early (so your total time commitment will be about 30 minutes).
- Will I be allowed to use my personal computer for my oral presentation?
No personal computers can be used!! Only computers assigned to each presentation room in the Beller Conference Center will be used for oral presentations.
- How much space is allotted for the poster presentation?
You will have one 4' x 6' board for displaying your poster. The suggested size is 3.5' by 5'5". Posters larger than one poster board will not be allowed.
- Am I required to attend my poster presentation?
Presenters MUST be at their poster during the scoring session to be eligible for an award.
Jan 15, 2015