Frequently Asked Questions
Here are some answers to some frequently asked questions.
- What are the important dates for abstract submission?
Begin on-line submission: February 13, 2013 at 7 AM
End on-line submission: April 2, 2013 at 12 noon (EXTENDED TO APRIL 8th at 5 PM CT)
REMINDER: Adds, drops and changes can be done continuously during this time period.
- Are there any character considerations when I prepare my abstract?
Please prepare your abstract with the Arial typeface in Microsoft Word. Then you can copy and paste your completed abstract into the on-line submission form. Symbols (e.g. general punctuation; Latin and Greek characters; and logical, mathematical, general purpose and current symbols) associated with the Arial typeface will appear in your abstract when you paste it as described, and you will be able to see immediately online if your abstract appears as you intended.
- What is the word limit for abstracts?
250 word maximum!!! Due to limited space in the program book, abstracts are limited to 250 words.
- What are the scoring criteria for my presentation or abstract?
Please see the scoring criteria here.
- What is the limit on the number of abstract submissions made by a presenting author?
Presenting authors may submit a maximum of 2 abstracts. Both can be posters, both can be oral presentations, or one of each may be submitted. Duplicate abstracts or research projects submitted as both an oral and poster will not be accepted. There is no limit on the number of co-authorships (i.e. appearing as a contributor).
- How much time is allowed for each oral presentation?
Presentation time is limited to fifteen (15) minutes to include three (3) minutes for questions and answers.
- Will I be allowed to use my personal computer for my oral presentation?
No personal computers can be used!! Only computers assigned to each presentation room in the Beller Conference Center will be used for oral presentations.
- How much space is allotted for the poster presentation?
You will have one 4' x 6' board for displaying your poster. The suggested size is 3.5' by 5'5". Posters larger than one poster board will not be allowed.
Apr 16, 2013