Institutional Animal Care and Use Committee (IACUC)
The IACUC's services include:
- Provide regulatory and ethical guidance for the KUMC research community
- Provide administrative support to the Institutional Animal Care and Use Committee (IACUC)
- Provide protocol development and pre-review services to our research community
- Oversee compliance monitoring of the animal care and use program
- Provide training and resources for the KUMC research community
KUMC is fully accredited by the Association for the Assessment of Accreditation of Laboratory Animal Care, International (AAALAC). KUMC is registered as a research facility with the United States Department of Agriculture (USDA) in accordance with the Animal Welfare Act and all amendments. KUMC also holds a Category I Assurance with the Public Health Service (through the NIH's Office of Laboratory Animal Welfare.
Forms and procedures for the IACUC have been relocated to the intranet. If you are affiliated with another institution and are interested in collaborating or learning more about our procedures, please contact IACUC@kumc.edu.
Access the IACUC content in the myKUMC Intranet (requires network credentials).