The Communications Department in the Office of Public Affairs is dedicated to helping members of the media get the information they need from KU Medical Center. To better assist you, we urge you to contact us as a first point of reference for any assignment that involves KU Medical Center.
Send an e-mail inquiry to C.J. Janovy, director of communications, firstname.lastname@example.org, or use our Media Contacts page for specific inquiries.
Find more information on overall University of Kansas media guidelines and policies.
Media access to campus and classrooms
KU Medical Center is a public university and welcomes the media onto its campuses with the following guidelines:
Film, video and photography permission requirements
- Reporters do not need permission to be on campus or to take outdoor photographs of campus or building exteriors. Non-broadcast media have access to public areas inside buildings, such as foyers, lobbies and receiving areas.
- Out of sensitivity for patient/patient visitor's privacy, no filming or broadcasts are allowed without prior authorization and a University of Kansas Medical Center escort approved by the office of Public Affairs.
- Permission must be obtained through Public Affairs for media to enter KU Medical Center classrooms, laboratories, training areas, and other restricted access areas.
- Media are not allowed into inpatient units in KU Medical Center buildings.
- Media are not allowed into clinical areas without a signed patient permission obtained prior to the media visit.
- Media are asked to notify Public Affairs when they are on the KU Medical Center campus
- Prior permission must be obtained to use KU Medical Center's property or images in commercial or other non-university film, video or photography projects.
- Requests for such privileges should be made at least 10 business days in advance of anticipated shoot date.
- Public Affairs will communicate required procedures to the requesting entity on a situational basis.
Find an expert
Looking for an expert? Use the Meet Our Experts search engine to find a scholar at KU Medical Center.
Keep up on the latest happenings at KU Medical Center via our events calendar.
Parking for members of the media
Members of the media may contact C.J. Janovy in Public Affairs, email@example.com or (913) 588-2598, for advance information regarding parking arrangements.
Navigate the KU Medical Center with this interactive map.
Jan 10, 2013