Safety, Crime Prevention and Awareness Overview
The University Police Department is dedicated to service and the safeguarding of property, but we need your help. Please report any suspicious activity and follow these tips to help deter crime.
- Avoid distractions, like texting or reading emails, while walking
- Walk with confidence and purpose to your destination
- Keep your hands free
- Trust your gut
- Use the "buddy system," or walk in groups of two or more
- Stay in well-lit areas
- Always make sure at least one person has knowledge of your whereabouts
- Do not leave valuable items visible in your vehicle, on your desk or in your office
- Secure your valuables when leaving them unattended
- Practice situational awareness by always being aware of your surroundings
- Lock the doors on your vehicle
- Download the free Rave Guardian app
For further information about crime prevention, or to schedule a presentation regarding crime prevention, please contact Captain Robert Gibson at 588-5030.
Jul 25, 2016