The shuttle is a service provided to all guests of the University of Kansas Medical Center.
Effective Sept. 1, 2015, parking services will enhance the shuttle service with additional shuttle buses. The shuttle is a service provided to all guests of the University of Kansas Medical Center.
The shuttle operates from 5 a.m. to 11 p.m., Monday through Friday.
The bus will load and unload at each stop approximately as follows:
- East route of Rainbow
- 5–6 a.m. every 6 minutes – 3 shuttles
- 6–7 a.m. every 3 minutes – 4 shuttles
- 7:30–9 a.m. (plus Bank Midwest and Rainbow Extension) every 8 minutes – 3 shuttles
- West route of Rainbow
- 5–6 a.m. every 20 minutes – 1 shuttle
- 6–7 a.m. every 20 minutes – 1 shuttle
- 7–9 a.m. every 10 minutes – 2 shuttles
- Full route
- 9–10 a.m. every 20 minutes – 2 shuttles
- 9 a.m.–2 p.m. every 30 minutes – 1 shuttle
- 2–6 p.m. every 10 minutes – 3 shuttles
- 6–8 p.m. every 15 minutes – 2 shuttles
- 8 p.m. stationed at Heart Hospital – 1 shuttle
- 8 pm – 11 pm by request via 816-512-5553.
After 11 p.m., escort services are available through the KU Police Department — call 913-588-5030.
The shuttle makes 12 stops near the Yellow parking lots, KU Medical Center, The University of Kansas Hospital and the Medical Office Building. For details, view a map:
A separate shuttle to the Westwood campus picks up riders in front of the Heart Center on Cambridge Street approximately every 15 minutes, view the Westwood Shuttle Schedule.
- Bus drivers are not allowed to pick up or let passengers off at non-designated stops.
- No smoking is permitted on the bus.
- Please stay seated until the bus comes to a complete stop.
- Standing is not permitted on the bus while in transit.
- Please keep hands and arms inside the bus at all times.
- Use caution when boarding — the steps are steep and may be slick at times.
- Make yourself aware of the emergency exits in the bus at all times.
Sep 01, 2015