International Educational Experience in Vietnam
Application Information for: HoChiMinh City (HCMC) - Pham Ngoc Thach University of Medicine (M1s only)
- To enter Vietnam, you will need a valid passport with at least six months validity remaining and a Vietnamese visa, a visa
exemption document, or a written approval letter for a visa upon arrival. You may obtain a visa or a visa exemption document
from a Vietnamese embassy or consulate prior to traveling to Vietnam. To obtain a written approval letter to enter, you must
contact a travel agency prior to departure. U.S. citizens have reported unscrupulous travel agencies taking advantage of travelers
and charging extremely high fees upon landing.
- Please be aware that Vietnam has two fees: 1) the visa fee and 2) the visa processing fee. The visa fees are sometimes posted
on the Vietnamese Embassy's website, but U.S. Embassy and Consulate officials have received reports of processing fees
varying from one applicant to another and from one issuing entity to another. The US State Department has brough this concern
to the attention of Vietnamese officials, but the problem persists.
- Please read the entire US Department of State information re: travel to Vietnam:
- Vietnamese Embassy Website visa application process: http://vietnamembassy-usa.org/services/visa-application-process
They can accommodate 3-4 students
There is no language requirement
There is a $300 USD application fee that is not refundable.
Available to SOM summer between M1 and M2.
Infectious Diseases or Internal Medicine
- Students must find their own housing.
- Here is the address list (hotels/apartments) which previous foreign students provided to the Pham Ngoc Thach University of Medicine
- Orient Hotel 274-276 Đề Thám, Ward Phạm Ngũ Lão, Dist.1, HCMC http://www.agoda.com/orient-hotel/hotel/ho-chi-minh-city-vn.html
- A statement of Purpose - clearly state your education status (year, school), specialty, date and duration of placement in Vietnam;
- A letter of recommendation from the Dean of the SOM (We have these for you);
- A current CV
- A copy of your passport
A non-refundable application fee of $300 USD PAID UPON ARRIVAL
If you do not already have a passport, I would encourage you to start that process. Here is the link to the US State Department website that addresses passport applications: http://travel.state.gov/content/passports/english/passports/information/processing-times.html
More Information About Vietnam
Please read the entire US Department of State information re: travel to Vietnam: http://www.travel.state.gov/travel/cis_pa_tw/cis/cis_1060.html#entry_requirements
If any file format prevents you from accessing the information, please contact email@example.com for assistance. In order to respond in a manner most helpful to you, please note the nature of your accessibility concern, the format in which you prefer to receive the material, the web page address of the requested material, and the best way to contact you.