International Educational Experience in Thailand
Application Information for: Bangkok - Siriraj Hospital, Mahidol University
- Contact the Office of International Programs for details
- Application must be submitted 6 months prior to requested date of elective
- Application Process
- Application fee: 1,000 TH Baht (~ 30 USD)
- There is no tuition fee
Available to SOM, SHP
- Accepts maximum 4 SOM students for February rotation.
- On Campus housing is NOT available
- Nearby apartments are available and cost 6,500 - 25,000 TH Baht per month (~ 200-800 USD)
- Apartments recommended by Mahidol University
Please submit all documents to our office at least 6 months in advance. We will send your application to Mahidol University for you.
- Completed application (see attached)
- See Course Listing for available rotations
- Additional Documents:
- Letter of recommendation from KUMC (we have these)
- A Curriculum Vitae
- A Transcript
- A personal statement indicating why you wish to have an elective at Siriraj and what you wish to achieve from this elective
- One photograph (size 1 x 1.5 inches)
- Application Fee: 1,000 TH Baht (~ 30 USD)
- There is no tuition for this rotation.
- English is the preferred language; Thai language ability is not required.
- If you do not already have a passport, I would encourage you to start that process. Here is the link to the US State Department website that addresses passport application: http://travel.state.gov/content/passports/english/passports/information/processing-times.html
- Student are responsible for finding off-campus housing. Recommended locations can be found here.
- Students will fly into Suvarnabhumi International Airport
- Taxi from the airport to campus is 300-500 TH Baht
- Public transportation (airport rail link) from the airport to campus is 200 TH Baht
Tours, Site-Seeing and Excursions
- The International Relations Division can arrange tours for foreign students. Contact: Mrs. Janjira Pengpreecha or Ms. Korboon Petchrueangrong
Country Information from Students
- Kaitlyn Butko and Drew Detwiler
- Vasili Glazyrine
- Evan Glidewell
- Nicole Gloor
- Dave McKenzie
- Shireen Usman
- Bailey Yekzaman
If any file format prevents you from accessing the information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance. In order to respond in a manner most helpful to you, please note the nature of your accessibility concern, the format in which you prefer to receive the material, the web page address of the requested material, and the best way to contact you.