Skip to main content

F-1/J-1 International Students

Prospective Students


The University of Kansas Medical Center (KUMC), offers educational programs through its Schools of Medicine, Nursing, and Health Professions.

As an international student, you must apply to a program, and be accepted before any immigration document (I-20 or DS-2019) will be issued to you. For information on the application process we suggest you visit page associated with the KUMC program you are applying to.

Once accepted by a program, the department will request the appropriate immigration document for you. You will need to complete a Declaration of Financial Support and provide supporting documents. You will also need to provide a copy of your passport identification pages.

If you have received notice of your acceptance, and have not received an email from the Office of International Programs requesting the Affidavit from you, then please contact us at 913-588-1460.

Note that many of our programs include a clinical or patient care component which is not appropriate for the J-1 Student. If you are currently in the United States in J-1 status as a student, it may be necessary to return to your home country and request an F-1 visa and status.

We also suggest that you visit the EducationUSA website. This website will provide you an overview of the educational systems in the USA, how to apply for a visa, and tips on making adjustment to life in the USA. The publications on this site are published in six different languages.

Information for Incoming International Students

KUMC Forms

Incoming International Students

F-1 Students Only

J-1 Students Only

J-1 Interns


Other Government Forms

Last modified: Aug 25, 2018