School of Health Professions News
- Bostic receives ASCP Member Excellence in Education Award
Nov 13, 2019 -- Dana Bostic, clinical assistant professor, clinical laboratory sciences, wins 2019 Member Excellence in Education Award from American Society for Clinical Pathology ASCP
Categories: School of Health Professions
- KU researchers studying possible link between diabetes and Alzheimer’s disease
Nov 07, 2019 -- New KU ADC clinical trial is testing the effects of a diabetes drug on brain metabolism
- NEJM publishes clinical trial results leading to cystic fibrosis breakthrough
Oct 31, 2019 -- KU Medical Center was one of the sites of a phase 3 trial that led to the approval of the drug, known by its brand name, Trikafta, by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration on October 21.
- Department of Dietetics and Nutrition celebrates 75 years
Oct 21, 2019 -- In 1944, Hildegard Knopp and Jan Granger were the first students to graduate from the department’s dietetic internship program. The department had been founded a year earlier with the approval of the American Dietetic Association, now the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics.
- Panel discusses 3 Rs of rural health: recruitment, retention, reimbursement
Oct 16, 2019 -- Attracting and retaining medical staff is a major challenge in rural areas, second only to financial solvency for struggling community hospitals, according to panelists who are experts in rural health
- All of Us visits campus, seeking volunteers for nationwide study
Oct 15, 2019 -- The All of Us Research Program visited the University of Kansas Medical Center Oct. 2 as part of its quest to collect biomedical data from 1 million individuals across the United States in the next 10 years.
- Researchers win grant from BlueKC to study food insecurity
Oct 10, 2019 -- Researchers at the University of Kansas Medical Center will use a $400,000 grant to study how community health workers can help close the food insecurity gap in certain patients.
- One-of-a-kind outreach program benefits Alzheimer’s caregivers
Oct 09, 2019 -- KU ADC's RDAD-KC program provides one-on-one, in-home support to Alz caregivers in Kansas
- Jerrihlyn McGee named vice chancellor for diversity, equity and inclusion at the University of Kansas Medical Center
Sep 18, 2019 -- Jerrihlyn McGee named vice chancellor for diversity, equity and inclusion at the University of Kansas Medical Center
- KU Cancer Center receives grant to expand clinical trials in rural Kansas
Sep 09, 2019 -- KU Cancer Center receives grant to expand clinical trials in rural Kansas
- Fellowship focuses on providing future psychologists specialized training in cancer care
Aug 29, 2019 -- Clinical health psychology fellowship emphasizes psychological care for people with cancer
Categories: , School of Medicine
- KU Medical Center earns $18.9 million grant to support biomedical research in Kansas
Aug 28, 2019 -- KU Medical Center receives $18.9 million grant supporting biomedical research in Kansas
Last modified: Jul 26, 2018