- KU School of Medicine ushers in class of 2023 with White Coat Ceremony
Aug 06, 2019 -- KU School of Medicine welcomed the class of 2023 to the profession with the traditional White Coat Ceremony.
- KU School of Nursing delivers first Project ECHO series, on stress
Jul 12, 2019 -- The KU School of Nursing delivered a teleconference series on stress via Project ECHO (Extension for Community Health Outcomes), a program offered through the Center for Telemedicine and Telehealth at the University of Kansas Medical Center.
- University of Kansas Medical Center names Akinlolu Ojo Executive Dean of the KU School of Medicine
Jun 24, 2019 -- University of Kansas Medical Center names Akinlolu Ojo Executive Dean of the KU School of Medicine
Categories: School of Medicine
- KU hosts inaugural symposium on concussion management
Jun 14, 2019 -- KU Neurology Department hosts its first concussion management symposium
- Teri Kennedy invested as Ida Johnson Feaster Professor in Interprofessional Practice and Education
Jun 13, 2019 -- Teri Kennedy, Ph.D., MSW, LCSW, ACSW, has been invested as the Ida Johnson Feaster Professor in Interprofessional Practice and Education with the University of Kansas School of Nursing.
Categories: School of Nursing
- KU School of Nursing-Salina graduates first class of students
Jun 12, 2019 -- The KU School of Nursing opened the Salina campus in 2017 largely in response to the shortage of nurses in the state, particularly in sparsely populated areas where it can be tough to attract health care providers and keep them there.
Categories: School of Nursing
- Artwork blends music and light in celebration of Dr. Grantham and PKD trial participants
Jun 05, 2019 -- The contributions of the late Jared Grantham, M.D., and the clinical trial participants whose efforts resulted in major advancements in the field of polycystic kidney disease (PKD) are celebrated in a public artwork at the University of Kansas Medical Center.
- KU School of Medicine researcher examines effects of statins on muscles and exercise
May 22, 2019 -- A researcher in the Department of Molecular and Integrative Physiology at the University of Kansas Medical Center has launched a new study to investigate some surprising ways that statins adversely impact a person’s health over time.
- KU Medical Center celebrates class of 2019 at graduation ceremonies
May 17, 2019 -- Nearly 900 students graduating from the University of Kansas Schools of Health Professions, Medicine and Nursing participated in separate hooding and recognition ceremonies May 18, 2019, at Soldiers and Sailors Memorial Hall in downtown Kansas City, Kansas.
- Researchers learn innovative ways to communicate science
May 15, 2019 -- Nearly 250 people from 21 states and 59 research organizations attended the Research Community Forum, hosted by the the University of Kansas Medical Center and the Office for Human Research Protections, which provides leadership in the protection of the rights, welfare, and wellbeing of individuals involved in research conducted or supported by the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services.
- Graduating KU nursing student uses Code Blue training to save woman in Mexico
May 10, 2019 -- Thanks to Jamie Franklin’s emergency training at the University of Kansas School of Nursing, the senior was able to deliver CPR and save the life of a potential drowning victim.
Categories: , School of Nursing
- Ceremonies for 2019 KU Medical Center graduates to be held May 18 and 19
May 08, 2019 -- Each year, the University of Kansas Medical Center holds recognition ceremonies for graduates of the School of Health Professions, School of Medicine and School of Nursing.