News Listing Page
- Panel discusses 3 Rs of rural health: recruitment, retention, reimbursement
Oct 16, 2019 -- Attracting and retaining medical staff is a major challenge in rural areas, second only to financial solvency for struggling community hospitals, according to panelists who are experts in rural health
- Researchers win grant from BlueKC to study food insecurity
Oct 10, 2019 -- Researchers at the University of Kansas Medical Center will use a $400,000 grant to study how community health workers can help close the food insecurity gap in certain patients.
- One-of-a-kind outreach program benefits Alzheimer’s caregivers
Oct 09, 2019 -- KU ADC's RDAD-KC program provides one-on-one, in-home support to Alz caregivers in Kansas
- Jerrihlyn McGee named vice chancellor for diversity, equity and inclusion at the University of Kansas Medical Center
Sep 18, 2019 -- Jerrihlyn McGee named vice chancellor for diversity, equity and inclusion at the University of Kansas Medical Center
- KU Cancer Center receives grant to expand clinical trials in rural Kansas
Sep 09, 2019 -- KU Cancer Center receives grant to expand clinical trials in rural Kansas
- KU Medical Center earns $18.9 million grant to support biomedical research in Kansas
Aug 28, 2019 -- KU Medical Center receives $18.9 million grant supporting biomedical research in Kansas
- $3.4 million expansion planned for Salina Health Education Center
Aug 22, 2019 -- Plans are now underway for a $3.4 million expansion of the Salina Health Education Center, 138 N. Santa Fe Ave., Salina, which serves as the home for the Salina campuses of both the KU School of Medicine and KU School of Nursing.
- KU School of Medicine ushers in class of 2023 with White Coat Ceremony
Aug 06, 2019 -- KU School of Medicine welcomed the class of 2023 to the profession with the traditional White Coat Ceremony.
- KU School of Nursing delivers first Project ECHO series, on stress
Jul 12, 2019 -- The KU School of Nursing delivered a teleconference series on stress via Project ECHO (Extension for Community Health Outcomes), a program offered through the Center for Telemedicine and Telehealth at the University of Kansas Medical Center.
Last modified: Jul 26, 2018