News Listing Page
School of Health Professions News
- Clinical research trial at KU focuses on using exercise to improve stroke recovery
May 28, 2020 -- Clinical research trial at KU focuses on using exercise to improve stroke recovery
- Research associate creates face shields on KU Medical Center printer
May 15, 2020 -- Christopher Neal, Ph.D., research associate at the University of Kansas Medical Center, donated around 100 headbands for face shields to PPE for KC, a local maker group constructing and dispersing protective equipment for health care professionals. Neal used the 3D printer in the Kansas Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities Research Center (KIDDRC) to make the bands.
- KU respiratory therapy students graduate early to help during coronavirus pandemic
Apr 30, 2020 -- Students in the respiratory therapy program in the University of Kansas School of Health Professions have chosen to graduate early to help fend off a shortage of RTs during the coronavirus pandemic.
- Students share results of research at Capitol events
Apr 14, 2020 -- Five undergraduate and five graduate students from the University of Kansas Medical Center showcased their research at the Kansas Capitol during two separate events in spring 2020. Students discussed the posters illustrating their research with lawmakers and the general public.
- University of Kansas Medical Center to participate in clinical trial of hydroxychloroquine in health care workers
Apr 13, 2020 -- University of Kansas Medical Center to participate in clinical trial of hydroxychloroquine in health care workers
- Researchers donate protective equipment to KU Health System
Apr 08, 2020 -- Researchers from the University of Kansas Medical Center donated much-needed equipment to help their colleagues at The University of Kansas Health System currently caring for patients with suspected or confirmed cases of COVID-19. The virus caused shortages of personal protective equipment (PPE) across the globe, which health care workers need to protect themselves from becoming infected.
Last modified: Jul 26, 2018