News Listing Page
School of Nursing News
- Teri Kennedy invested as Ida Johnson Feaster Professor in Interprofessional Practice and Education
Jun 13, 2019 -- Teri Kennedy, Ph.D., MSW, LCSW, ACSW, has been invested as the Ida Johnson Feaster Professor in Interprofessional Practice and Education with the University of Kansas School of Nursing.
Categories: School of Nursing
- KU School of Nursing-Salina graduates first class of students
Jun 12, 2019 -- The KU School of Nursing opened the Salina campus in 2017 largely in response to the shortage of nurses in the state, particularly in sparsely populated areas where it can be tough to attract health care providers and keep them there.
Categories: School of Nursing
- Artwork blends music and light in celebration of Dr. Grantham and PKD trial participants
Jun 05, 2019 -- The contributions of the late Jared Grantham, M.D., and the clinical trial participants whose efforts resulted in major advancements in the field of polycystic kidney disease (PKD) are celebrated in a public artwork at the University of Kansas Medical Center.
- KU Medical Center celebrates class of 2019 at graduation ceremonies
May 17, 2019 -- Nearly 900 students graduating from the University of Kansas Schools of Health Professions, Medicine and Nursing participated in separate hooding and recognition ceremonies May 18, 2019, at Soldiers and Sailors Memorial Hall in downtown Kansas City, Kansas.
- Researchers learn innovative ways to communicate science
May 15, 2019 -- Nearly 250 people from 21 states and 59 research organizations attended the Research Community Forum, hosted by the the University of Kansas Medical Center and the Office for Human Research Protections, which provides leadership in the protection of the rights, welfare, and wellbeing of individuals involved in research conducted or supported by the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services.
- Graduating KU nursing student uses Code Blue training to save woman in Mexico
May 10, 2019 -- Thanks to Jamie Franklin’s emergency training at the University of Kansas School of Nursing, the senior was able to deliver CPR and save the life of a potential drowning victim.
Categories: , School of Nursing
- Ceremonies for 2019 KU Medical Center graduates to be held May 18 and 19
May 08, 2019 -- Each year, the University of Kansas Medical Center holds recognition ceremonies for graduates of the School of Health Professions, School of Medicine and School of Nursing.
- KU Medical Center joins Time’s Up Healthcare
Apr 23, 2019 -- The University of Kansas Medical Center has joined a movement to end sexual harassment and gender bias in health care, and Kimberly Templeton, M.D., professor of orthopedic surgery and orthopedic residency director at the University of Kansas School of Medicine, is an advisor to the national initiative.
- KU School of Nursing hosts 2019 Midwest Nursing Research Society conference
Apr 09, 2019 -- The University of Kansas School of Nursing hosted the 43th annual Midwest Nursing Research Society research conference, which was held March 27-30, 2019, at the Marriott Hotel in downtown Kansas City. Nearly 900 nursing scholars and students attended from 36 states and five countries.