News Listing Page
School of Medicine News
- KU hosts inaugural symposium on concussion management
Jun 14, 2019 -- KU Neurology Department hosts its first concussion management symposium
- Artwork blends music and light in celebration of Dr. Grantham and PKD trial participants
Jun 05, 2019 -- The contributions of the late Jared Grantham, M.D., and the clinical trial participants whose efforts resulted in major advancements in the field of polycystic kidney disease (PKD) are celebrated in a public artwork at the University of Kansas Medical Center.
- KU School of Medicine researcher examines effects of statins on muscles and exercise
May 22, 2019 -- A researcher in the Department of Molecular and Integrative Physiology at the University of Kansas Medical Center has launched a new study to investigate some surprising ways that statins adversely impact a person’s health over time.
- KU Medical Center celebrates class of 2019 at graduation ceremonies
May 17, 2019 -- Nearly 900 students graduating from the University of Kansas Schools of Health Professions, Medicine and Nursing participated in separate hooding and recognition ceremonies May 18, 2019, at Soldiers and Sailors Memorial Hall in downtown Kansas City, Kansas.
- Researchers learn innovative ways to communicate science
May 15, 2019 -- Nearly 250 people from 21 states and 59 research organizations attended the Research Community Forum, hosted by the the University of Kansas Medical Center and the Office for Human Research Protections, which provides leadership in the protection of the rights, welfare, and wellbeing of individuals involved in research conducted or supported by the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services.
- Ceremonies for 2019 KU Medical Center graduates to be held May 18 and 19
May 08, 2019 -- Each year, the University of Kansas Medical Center holds recognition ceremonies for graduates of the School of Health Professions, School of Medicine and School of Nursing.
- KU neurosurgery residents hone skills in a cutting-edge educational mobile lab
Apr 23, 2019 -- Neurosurgery residents sharpen skills in state-of-the-art mobile lab
Categories: School of Medicine
- KU Medical Center joins Time’s Up Healthcare
Apr 23, 2019 -- The University of Kansas Medical Center has joined a movement to end sexual harassment and gender bias in health care, and Kimberly Templeton, M.D., professor of orthopedic surgery and orthopedic residency director at the University of Kansas School of Medicine, is an advisor to the national initiative.
Last modified: Jul 26, 2018