News Listing Page
Recent KUMC News
- KU School of Medicine researcher examines effects of statins on muscles and exercise
May 22, 2019 -- A researcher in the Department of Molecular and Integrative Physiology at the University of Kansas Medical Center has launched a new study to investigate some surprising ways that statins adversely impact a person’s health over time.
- KU Medical Center celebrates class of 2019 at graduation ceremonies
May 17, 2019 -- Nearly 900 students graduating from the University of Kansas Schools of Health Professions, Medicine and Nursing participated in separate hooding and recognition ceremonies May 18, 2019, at Soldiers and Sailors Memorial Hall in downtown Kansas City, Kansas.
- Researchers learn innovative ways to communicate science
May 15, 2019 -- Nearly 250 people from 21 states and 59 research organizations attended the Research Community Forum, hosted by the the University of Kansas Medical Center and the Office for Human Research Protections, which provides leadership in the protection of the rights, welfare, and wellbeing of individuals involved in research conducted or supported by the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services.
- Graduating KU nursing student uses Code Blue training to save woman in Mexico
May 10, 2019 -- Thanks to Jamie Franklin’s emergency training at the University of Kansas School of Nursing, the senior was able to deliver CPR and save the life of a potential drowning victim.
Categories: , School of Nursing
- Ceremonies for 2019 KU Medical Center graduates to be held May 18 and 19
May 08, 2019 -- Each year, the University of Kansas Medical Center holds recognition ceremonies for graduates of the School of Health Professions, School of Medicine and School of Nursing.
- KU neurosurgery residents hone skills in a cutting-edge educational mobile lab
Apr 23, 2019 -- Neurosurgery residents sharpen skills in state-of-the-art mobile lab
Categories: School of Medicine
- KU Medical Center joins Time’s Up Healthcare
Apr 23, 2019 -- The University of Kansas Medical Center has joined a movement to end sexual harassment and gender bias in health care, and Kimberly Templeton, M.D., professor of orthopedic surgery and orthopedic residency director at the University of Kansas School of Medicine, is an advisor to the national initiative.
- KU School of Nursing hosts 2019 Midwest Nursing Research Society conference
Apr 09, 2019 -- The University of Kansas School of Nursing hosted the 43th annual Midwest Nursing Research Society research conference, which was held March 27-30, 2019, at the Marriott Hotel in downtown Kansas City. Nearly 900 nursing scholars and students attended from 36 states and five countries.
- KU Cancer Center to test whether omega-3 can prevent colon cancer in Lynch patients
Mar 29, 2019 -- Anwaar Saeed, M.D., is launching the first clinical trial to examine the effectiveness of fish oil supplements, which contain omega-3 fatty acids, in protecting against colon cancer for people with Lynch syndrome.
- KU Medical Center physicians testing new procedure for patients at high risk for severe heart failure
Mar 22, 2019 -- A team of physician-researchers at the University of Kansas Medical Center is testing a new procedure that replaces a leaky heart valve for patients who are at high risk for heart failure but are too frail or ill for open heart surgery.
Last modified: Jul 26, 2018