We encourage all prospective users of this facility to consult with us before submitting any sample for MS analysis (please see Policies).
For most projects the total fee will be the combination of several of the following steps.
- There will be an additional 50 % charge for nonprofit organizations not associated with the KU Medical Center, and 100 % for for-profit organizations.
- For grants with effort support, this fee will be subtracted from total, until total effort available in grant is reached, then standard fee will be applied.
- In general, only personnel directly associated with the MSPCL have access to the instrumentation. The only exception is for trained personnel from one of the major users groups. In his case, the PI is charged for the initial training as well as the use of the instrument.
- The fee structure can be changed without previous notice.
- Special techniques: all other methodologies will be examined on a project per project basis.
Services and Fees
|Mass measurement||Low resolution||$50|
|Mass measurement - High resolution||$100|
|De novo peptide sequencing||$75/hour|
|Sample clean up||TCA/cold acetone precipitation||$50.00|
|Enzyme digestion||Trypsin (up to 10 samples)||$25.00|
|Other enzymes||cost of enzyme + 50|
|UPLC-online MS/MS||standard run (15 cm long column, 2h)||$125.00|
|25 cm long column, 2h||$250.00|
|Extended run (50 cm long column, 4-6h)||$300.00|
|Additional UPLC run same sample||50% of UHPLC|
|Sample separation by Reversed phase at high pH||Cost of reagents + $250|
|Tandem Mass Tag||Cost of reagents + $250|
|first chromatographic run||as per UPLC-online MS|
half the cost
half of the cost of a full expetriment
|MRM (multilple reaction monitoring||method development (requires UPLC tandem MS run)||$1,000.00|
|PTMs||Additional hypothesis driven LC MS/MS for PTMs discovery||$100.00|
|Deuterium/Hydrogen Exchange MS (DHX MS)||Fee|
|Results report||We evaluate all data and provide outputs to meet your needs.||$100/hr.|
|Computer use||subject to availability||$10/h|
|1 week training on MS basic operations, 1 month support||Available only for individuals requiring extensive use of our facility||$2,000.00|
|Preparation of tables and figures for publication||$100.00|
|Data storage (*)||free|