Current instrumentation, methodologies and workflows
The facility is equipped with state-of-the-art instrumentation. Currently the following instruments are operational at the facility:
- MALDI TOF TOF (4700 Proteomics analyzer, Applied Biosystems)
- Electrospray Ion Trap Fourier Transform Ion Cyclotron Mass spectrometer (LTQ FT, ThermoFinnigan), equipped with nanoElectrospray source.
- Triple Quadrupole (Quantum AM ThermoFinnigan) equipped with nanoElectrospray source.
- Automatic Gel Slicer, with gel documentation and DIGE capabilities (ProPicII, DIGILAB Genomic Solutions)
- Automatic Digestor (ProGest, DIGILAB Genomic Solutions)
- Automatic MALDI Spotter (ProMS, DIGILAB Genomic Solutions)
- Database search servers: MASCOT and SEQUEST Cluster. The Sequest cluster is running on a dedicated 8 node double processor server.
- PEAKS. new software tool for protein identification and quantization. To download a viewer click here.
Some of the tools used at our facility have been custom build:
- HDXFinder (software for D/H Exchange analysis): A set of web-based computer applications for assisted Deuterium Exchange Mass Spectrometry Analyisis. Access to this portal is free to academic users. Optimized for Mozilla Firefox. A draft of the manual can be downloaded here. Programer: Danny Miller. A project in collaboration with A. Fenton:
- SAIDE: a cooling chamber for DX MS experiments. This is an interface for HPLC and MS build by Mecour. M.T. Villar, D. E. Miller, A.W. Fenton and A. Artigues: SAIDE: A Semi-Automated Interface for Hydrogen /Deuterium Exchange Mass Spectrometry. (2010) Proteomica 6:63-69.
Our new cell is a combo, a shorter version of the SS that has a transparent insert that can be used for sample loading.
Mar 26, 2013