The mission of the Midwest Stem Cell Therapy Center is to facilitate existing research and therapy on a global level as well as establish a frontier for other research and therapies for patients suffering from diseases.
- Focus on activities that advance adult, cord blood and related stem cell and non-embryonic stem cell research and therapies for patient treatment.
- Serve as a core facility to produce clinical grade stem cells from adult tissues, cord blood and related materials for use in clinical trials and therapies.
- Facilitate the delivery of adult, cord blood and related stem cell therapies to Kansas City and midwest region hospitals where appropriate.
- Partner and collaborate with the blood and marrow transplant center of Kansas to foster a regional network of physicians trained in adult, cord blood and related stem cell therapy applications.
- Create and maintain a database resource for physicians and patients that provides a comprehensive global list of available stem cell clinical trials and therapies.
- Initiate clinical trials with adult, cord blood and related stem cells.
- Create education modules to train and educate physicians and research scientists about peer-reviewed adult, cord blood and related stem cell therapy applications for patients.
- Distribute information to Kansas physicians about methods for successful treatments with adult, cord blood and related stem cells through basic and clinical research.
- Inform the public on available adult, cord blood and related stem cell therapeutic options.
- Become the leader in providing adult stem cell treatments and information to physicians and patients around the world.
Aug 08, 2014