Chronic Disease Self-Management Workshops
- Offered in the Spring and Fall, CDSMP is a FREE interactive, evidence-based program developed by Stanford University. People with different chronic health problems attend the workshop once a week for six weeks. Workshops are led by two trained leaders, one or both of whom are living with a chronic disease.
- The following subjects are covered:
- Techniques to deal with problems such as frustration, fatigue, pain and isolation
- Exercise for maintaining and improving strength, flexibility and endurance
- Appropriate use of medications
- Communicating better with family, friends and health professionals about your condition(s)
- Decision making
- How to evaluate new treatments
- Each participant in the workshop receives a copy of the book, Living a Healthy Life With Chronic Conditions, 4th Edition, and an audio relaxation CD, Relaxation for Mind and Body.
- The way the program is taught makes it effective. Participants are very involved in the classes and support each other. Success builds participants' confidence in their ability to manage their health and maintain active and fulfilling lives.
- For more information, or to register for an UPCOMING PROGRAM, contact Tanya Rehma at email@example.com or 913-588-1466.
Feb 20, 2018