Relationships between Dysphagia, Oral Health, and Dentition
Wednesday, July 16, 2014
4:00-6:00 pm CDT
Registration Deadline: 12 pm Friday, July 11, 2014
View more information | Registration form
Oral health and dentition can impact a person's ability to eat by mouth. Likewise, a person's ability to eat by mouth can negatively impact the oral environment. Literature evaluating the relationships between dysphagia, oral health, and dentition will be reviewed. Clinical approaches to the most evidence-based management of these variables in elderly adults with dysphagia will be addressed so that nurses, speech-language pathologists and other health care providers can best maintain their patients' health, eating enjoyment and quality of life.
- Jeff Searl, PhD, CCC-SLP, Associate Professor, Department of Hearing and Speech, University of Kansas Medical Center
- Kansas City, KS, Landon Center on Aging, KUMC, 3599 Rainbow Boulevard, Room 200
- Atchison, KS, Dooley Center, 801 S 8th St.
- Coffeyville, KS, Windsor Place, 2921 W. 1st
- Colby, KS, Citizens Medical Center, 100 E. College Dr.
- Concordia, KS - Sunset Home, 620 Second Ave
- Dodge City, KS, Dodge City Community College, Library: LRC Room 114 , 2501 N. 14th Ave.
- Emporia, KS, Emporia Presbyterian Manor, Chapel, 2300 Industrial Rd.
- Great Bend, KS, St. Rose Ambulatory & Surgery Center, St. Dominic Classroom, 3515 Broadway
- Hays, KS, Hays Area Health Education Center, 205 E. 7th St., Suite 130
- Hiawatha, KS, Hiawatha Community Hospital, Conference Room, 300 Utah
- Junction City, KS, Geary Community Hospital , 1102 Saint Marys Road
- Lawrence, KS, Pioneer Ridge Retirement Community, 4851 Harvard
- Manhattan, KS, Meadowlark Hills, 2121 Meadowlark Road
- McPherson, KS, The Cedars, Conference Center, 1021 Cedars Dr.
- Phillipsburg, KS, Phillips County Hospital, Education Room, 1150 State St.
- Pittsburg, KS, KU AHEC - East, Shirk Hall, 1501 S Joplin, 4th Floor
- Pratt, KS, Pratt Regional Medical Center, Jud Stanion Meeting Room, 200 Commodore
- Sabetha, KS, Sabetha Community Hospital, Hospital Board Room, 14th and Oregon
- Sterling, KS, Sterling Presbyterian Manor, Chapel, 204 W. Washington
- WaKeeney, KS, Trego County Lemke Memorial Hospital, Hamilton Room, 320 N 13th St
- Wichita, KS, Kansas Masonic Home, 401 S. Seneca
- Winfield, KS, Kansas Veterans' Home, MacArthur Room or Computer Lab, 1220 World War II Memorial Drive
Other sites may be added at the request of host facilities
Web-Based via Adobe Connect
- This is offered synchronously only - we do not currently offer streamed recordings of programs.
Registration fee: $25 per person
CE Contact Hours: 2 for CME, CNE, ACHA Resident Care, and Certificate of Attendance; SLP application pending
- Medication Updates and Challenges With Older Adults
Wednesday, July 30, 2014 4:00-6:00pm CDT
Ross Holst, PharmD, and Mary Andrews RPh, Great Plains Pharmacy and Compounding Center, Lenexa
- Overview of Conditions and Care of the Older Adult Foot
Wednesday, August 6, 2014 4:00-6:00pm CDT
Thomas Bembynista, DPM, Private Practice, Diplomate, American Board of Podiatric Surgery, and Fellow, American College of Foot and Ankle Surgeons
Support: This program is supported by funds from the Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS), Health Resources and Services Administration, under grant number D62HP06621, Comprehensive Geriatric Education Program, for $270,000. The information or content and conclusions presented in this program are those of the presenters and should not be construed as the official position or policy of, nor should any endorsements be inferred by the U.S. Government, DHHS, BHPR or the DN.
This program is also supported by funds from the Bureau of Health Professions (BHPr), Health Resources and Services Administration (HRSA), Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS) under grant number UB4HP19192, Geriatric Education Centers, for $420,320. The information or content and conclusions are those of the presenters and should not be construed as the official position or policy of, nor should any endorsements be inferred by the BHPr, HRSA, DHHS or the U.S. Government.
This is an advertisement of one of the programs offered by the Central Plains Geriatric Education Center. If you do not wish to receive these updates, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with 'unsubscribe-gec' in the subject field. To ensure our messages are delivered properly to your inbox (not bulk or junk folders), please add email@example.com to your address book or safe list.
Jul 02, 2014