Assessment for Function and Comfort: Seating and Positioning Choices for the LTC/Skilled Patient
Wednesday, June 25, 2014
4:00-6:00 pm CDT
Registration Deadline: 12 pm Friday, June 20, 2014
View more information | Registration form
Proper wheelchair positioning can increase the quality of life, increase independence and help improve safety of all residents in a skilled nursing setting. The speakers will detail the importance of a proper wheelchair positioning program in the skilled nursing setting from the residents, therapists and state prospective. They will also discuss the wheelchair assessment process and common positioning issues in long term care and provide solutions using a variety of different methods.
- Patrick Middendorf, MBA, MSPT, Corporate Director of Rehabilitation, and
- Jennifer Fowler, MOT, OTR/L, BA, Ed, Director of Therapy Services, Midwest Health, Topeka, KS
- Kansas City, KS, Landon Center on Aging, KUMC, 3599 Rainbow Boulevard, Room 200
Sites Connecting with Interactive TV
- Atchison, KS, Dooley Center, 801 S 8th St.
- Coffeyville, KS, Windsor Place, 2921 W. 1st
- Colby, KS, Citizens Medical Center, 100 E. College Dr.
- Concordia, KS, Sunset Home, 620 Second Ave
- Dodge City, KS, Dodge City Community College, Library: LRC Room 114 , 2501 N. 14th Ave.
- Emporia, KS, Emporia Presbyterian Manor, Chapel, 2300 Industrial Rd.
- Great Bend, KS, St. Rose Ambulatory & Surgery Center, St. Dominic Classroom, 3515 Broadway
- Hays, KS, Hays Area Health Education Center, 205 E. 7th St., Suite 130
- Hiawatha, KS, Hiawatha Community Hospital, Conference Room, 300 Utah
- Hutchinson, KS, Hutchinson Regional Medical Center, Cardiovascular Conference Rooms (main level), 1701 E. 23rd
- Junction City, KS, Geary Community Hospital , 1102 Saint Marys Road
- Lawrence, KS, Pioneer Ridge Retirement Community, 4851 Harvard
- Manhattan, KS, Meadowlark Hills, 2121 Meadowlark Road
- McPherson, KS, The Cedars, Conference Center, 1021 Cedars Dr.
- Pittsburg, KS, KU AHEC - East, Shirk Hall, 1501 S Joplin, 4th Floor
- Pratt, KS, Pratt Regional Medical Center, Jud Stanion Meeting Room, 200 Commodore
- Sabetha, KS, Sabetha Community Hospital, Hospital Board Room, 14th and Oregon
- Sedan, KS, Sedan City Hospital, Room 110 or Conf. Room, 300 North Street
- Sterling, KS, Sterling Presbyterian Manor, Chapel, 204 W. Washington
- WaKeeney, KS, Trego County Lemke Memorial Hospital, Hamilton Room, 320 N 13th St
- Wichita, KS, Kansas Masonic Home, 401 S. Seneca
- Winfield, KS, Kansas Veterans' Home, MacArthur Room or Computer Lab, 1220 World War II Memorial Drive
Individuals or Organizations Connecting with Adobe Connect
- Adobe Connect, Individual Web Connection, Web-based
- Minneapolis , KS, Ottawa County Health Center, 215 E 8th St
- Quinter, KS, Gove County Medical Center, Conference Room, 520 W 5th St. , PO Box 129
Other sites may be added at the request of host facilities
Registration fee: $25 per person
CE Contact Hours: 2 for CME, CNE, ACHA Resident, Social Work, and Certificate of Attendance
- Relationships between Dysphagia, Oral Health, and Dentition
Wednesday, July 16, 2014 4:00-6:00 pm CDT
Jeff Searl, PhD, CCC-SLP, Associate Professor, Department of Hearing and Speech, University of Kansas Medical Center
- Medication Updates and Challenges With Older Adults
Wednesday, July 30, 2014 4:00-6:00pm CDT
Ross Holst, PharmD, and Mary Andrews RPh, Great Plains Pharmacy and Compounding Center, Lenexa
Support: This program is supported by funds from the Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS), Health Resources and Services Administration, under grant number D62HP06621, Comprehensive Geriatric Education Program, for $270,000. The information or content and conclusions presented in this program are those of the presenters and should not be construed as the official position or policy of, nor should any endorsements be inferred by the U.S. Government, DHHS, BHPR or the DN.
This program is also supported by funds from the Bureau of Health Professions (BHPr), Health Resources and Services Administration (HRSA), Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS) under grant number UB4HP19192, Geriatric Education Centers, for $420,320. The information or content and conclusions are those of the presenters and should not be construed as the official position or policy of, nor should any endorsements be inferred by the BHPr, HRSA, DHHS or the U.S. Government.
This is an advertisement of one of the programs offered by the Central Plains Geriatric Education Center. If you do not wish to receive these updates, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with 'unsubscribe-gec' in the subject field. To ensure our messages are delivered properly to your inbox (not bulk or junk folders), please add email@example.com to your address book or safe list.
Jun 19, 2014