Aging and Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities, a Research to Practice Framework
Wednesday, April 9, 2014
4:00-6:00 pm CDT
Registration Deadline: 12 pm Friday, April 4, 2014
View more information | Registration form
The program will focus on a research to practice framework developed for the State of Missouri DD Division to address the growing needs of the aging population with intellectual and developmental disabilities (I/DD) and their families. It describes a social ecological framework that can be applied in developing programs and practices that can be applied to programs addressing issues specific to the I/DD population as well as within the general aging population.
- Carl F. Calkins, PhD,
UMKC Institute for Human Development; and
- Laura Jackson, MPA,
UMKC Institute for Human Development
- Kansas City, KS, Landon Center on Aging, KUMC, 3599 Rainbow Boulevard, Room 200
- Atchison, KS, Dooley Center, 801 S 8th St.
- Coffeyville, KS, Windsor Place, 2921 W. 1st
- Concordia, KS, Sunset Home, 620 Second Ave
- Dodge City, KS, Dodge City Community College, Library: LRC Room 114 , 2501 N. 14th Ave.
- Emporia, KS, Emporia Presbyterian Manor, Chapel, 2300 Industrial Rd.
- Great Bend, KS, St. Rose Ambulatory & Surgery Center, St. Dominic Classroom, 3515 Broadway
- Hays, KS, Hays Area Health Education Center, 205 E. 7th St., Suite 130
- Hiawatha, KS, Hiawatha Community Hospital, Conference Room, 300 Utah
- Hutchinson, KS, Hutchinson Regional Medical Center, Cardiovascular Conference Rooms (main level), 1701 E. 23rd
- Junction City, KS, Geary Community Hospital , 1102 Saint Marys Road
- Lawrence, KS, Pioneer Ridge Retirement Community, 4851 Harvard
- Manhattan, KS, Meadowlark Hills, 2121 Meadowlark Road
- McPherson, KS, The Cedars, Conference Center, 1021 Cedars Dr.
- Pittsburg, KS, KU AHEC - East, Shirk Hall, 1501 S Joplin, 4th Floor
- Pratt, KS, Pratt Regional Medical Center, Jud Stanion Meeting Room, 200 Commodore
- Quinter, KS, Gove County Medical Center, Conference Room, 520 W 5th St. , PO Box 129
- Sabetha, KS, Sabetha Community Hospital, Hospital Board Room, 14th and Oregon
- Sedan, KS, Sedan City Hospital, Room 110 or Conf. Room, 300 North Street
- Sterling, KS, Sterling Presbyterian Manor, Chapel, 204 W. Washington
- Topeka, KS, Brewster Place, Brewster Health Care Classroom, 1001 SW 29th
- WaKeeney, KS, Trego County Lemke Memorial Hospital, Hamilton Room, 320 N 13th St
- Wichita, KS, Kansas Masonic Home, 401 S. Seneca
- Winfield, KS, Kansas Veterans' Home, MacArthur Room or Computer Lab, 1220 World War II Memorial Drive
Other sites may be added at the request of host facilities
Web-Based via Adobe Connect
- This is offered synchronously only - we do not currently offer streamed recordings of programs.
Registration fee: $25 per person
CE Contact Hours: 2 for CME, CNE, ACHA Resident, Social Work, and Certificate of Attendance
- Managing the Depression of Neurodegenerative Diseases: Parkinson's, Huntington's, Alzheimer's, and Stroke
Wednesday, April 23, 2014 4:00-6:00 pm CDT
James Slaughter, MD, Geriatric Neuropsychiatrist and Professor Emeritus, University of Missouri, Columbia
- Oral Health: An Important Aspect of Care for Older Adults
Wednesday, May 7, 2013 4:00-6:00 pm CDT
Glenn V. Hemberger, DDS, MS, and Susan Hemberger, RDH, ECP
Support: This program is supported by funds from the Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS), Health Resources and Services Administration, under grant number D62HP06621, Comprehensive Geriatric Education Program, for $270,000. The information or content and conclusions presented in this program are those of the presenters and should not be construed as the official position or policy of, nor should any endorsements be inferred by the U.S. Government, DHHS, BHPR or the DN.
This program is also supported by funds from the Bureau of Health Professions (BHPr), Health Resources and Services Administration (HRSA), Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS) under grant number UB4HP19192, Geriatric Education Centers, for $420,320. The information or content and conclusions are those of the presenters and should not be construed as the official position or policy of, nor should any endorsements be inferred by the BHPr, HRSA, DHHS or the U.S. Government.
This is an advertisement of one of the programs offered by the Central Plains Geriatric Education Center. If you do not wish to receive these updates, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with 'unsubscribe-gec' in the subject field. To ensure our messages are delivered properly to your inbox (not bulk or junk folders), please add email@example.com to your address book or safe list.
Apr 03, 2014