Sub-Award Invoice Processing
- Sponsored Programs Administration is having all Sub-Recipient invoices sent to their Office. They will then forward to post-award grant administrator for review and process. The following process applies to all Sub-Recipient invoices.
- Post-award administrator needs to have the PI or Administrator approve or reject the invoice via signature on invoice. Post Award will fax a cover sheet plus a copy of the invoice to the PI and hold the original.
- Approved - If approved, the original should be given to RI Accounts Payable for processing with the amount to be paid highlighted with speedtype and PO number indicated. The signed copy of the invoice should be placed in the grant file.
- Reject – If not approved, the original and a copy of the invoice should be returned to the requesting institute with a letter informing them the bill will not be paid. They should be instructed to contact the PI if they have any questions. The signed copy of the rejected invoice should be placed in the grant file.
- No Response – Grant Accounting will wait 3 working days for a response from the department. If no response is received, a 2nd request should be sent and indicated as such on the fax cover sheet. In addition, an Email should be sent notifying the department a fax has been sent requesting invoice approval for the 2nd time.
- Adjusted Amount Response – If the PI has lined off or adjusted the invoice amount the signed fax copy should be forward to Accounts Payable. Again the amount should be highlighted with the speedtype and PO number indicated. The original invoice and a copy of the adjusted invoice should be placed in the grant file. No informative letter need be sent to the Institute.
Sep 24, 2014