New Account Setup Procedures
- A Notice of Grant Award (NGA) or a fully executed Subaward/Subcontract Agreement from the sponsor must be sent to the Sponsored Programs Administration (SPA) for process and acceptance.
- SPA will review the terms and conditions on the NGA to make sure that it does not contain provisions that are incompatible with the University's policies on sponsored research. Subcontracts containing patent, copyright or licensing terms will be forwarded to Contracting Office for review and approval.
- The approved NGA or Subcontract Agreement will be forwarded to the Post-Award Office for a new account set up in PeopleSoft Financial System. Training is required to access the PeopleSoft Financial System. Please go to PeopleSoft Support Department website for training schedules.
- The Post-Award Office will send the PI an account activation notice and an overall grant status summary report from the PeopleSoft Financials system which details the account number, budget period, and dollar amounts.
- PI needs to complete an Authorization Form for each account indicating who is authorized to request Budget Reallocations and/or to submit Personnel forms, Requisitions, BPC, and Travel Requests. Authorization can be assigned to more than one individual. PI is automatically authorized on the use of the account.
- Contact your post-award administrator for any grant account related questions.
SPA will consider the request for an advance account set up if the PI received word from the sponsor that an award will be issued shortly. PI needs to complete a Pre-Award Costs Agreement form, obtain approval from the department chair and the Vice Chancellor for Research, then forward to SPA for provisional account set-up.
Jun 24, 2015