Skip to main content

Closing Clinical Studies

Closing Clinical Studies:

  1. Close the Clinical Study with Human Subjects Committee
    1. Create a new modification in eCompliance
      • For studies running through the Research Institute's Clinical Research Administration (CRA) or the Cancer Center Regulatory Office (CCRO), notify your contact that the study is closing.  They will handle creating the closure submission.
      • For studies not handled in either the CRA or CCRO, instructions on how to create the closure modification can be found here.
    2. Submit modification in eCompliance 
  2. Financial Reconciliation of Clinical Studies:
    1. Complete Reconciliation form
    2. Submit to the Research Institute's Revenue and Funds Management unit (RFM), Suite 105 in the Fairway North Building, MS 1039.
    3. If the study closed before it was activated and began enrolling, a request for time and effort can be made to the sponsor.  Contact the CRA or CCRO for help.
  3. Transferring Residuals from Clinical Trials to Research & Development account:
    Clinical Studies must
    • Be closed with HSC
    • Have completed the Financial Reconciliation process
    • Have a balance available (residual funds) for transferring to R & D account

Last modified: Aug 30, 2018