Faculty Travel Awards
Request for Applications: September 1, January 6, and May 1
To: All KUMC Faculty – Kansas City and Wichita
From: Gregory S. Kopf, PhD, Executive Director, KUMC Research Institute,
Associate Vice Chancellor for Research Administration, KUMC
I am pleased to announce that the Research Institute has travel awards available for qualified faculty members of the University of Kansas Medical Center to provide support for domestic travel (including Canada and Mexico).
The primary intent of faculty travel awards is to support travel of early investigators to report research findings at scientific meetings essential to their faculty development. Due to limited funds, we are unable to support travel outside of the United States, Canada, and Mexico for the foreseeable future.
The following criteria apply:
- Faculty eligible to apply are:
- Those who hold rank of Instructor or above, are on the tenured track, or are tenured
- Those who are untenured but hold a modified research or clinical title
- Those who have not received funding from this mechanism in the past 24 months
- Retroactive funding for travel will not be considered
- Applications will not be accepted after the deadline
- Use the most current application form (Rev. 03/25/2013)
- An incomplete application will not be forwarded to the Faculty Assembly Research Committee for consideration; if not applicable to your particular situations please indicate "does not apply'
- Unless strong justification can be made, airfares are to be based on coach rates. Please attach a short justification if business or first class airfare rates are requested
In ranking the applications, the Faculty Assembly Research Committee gives high priority to the following factors:
- Presentation of qualitative or quantitative original research findings based upon work carried out at KUMC
- Presentation of papers/posters and the scientific character of the meeting
- Applications should clearly be extensions of, or significantly different from, previous abstracts for which funds have been awarded
- Importance of attending the meeting to the applicant's professional research career development
- Multiple faculty attending the same meeting should not be presenting on the same abstract
- If faculty has a federal grant please attach a short justification why the grant is not supporting travel.
Contact Kelly Robertson at 913-588-5436 with questions.
Mar 26, 2013