Robert Wood Johnson Foundation (RWJF)
Rebudgeting of funds:
Budget revisions must be requested when changes in the grant project result in the need for additional line items, and/or the spending is greater than 5% of the approved budget category, including Personnel, Other Direct Costs, Equipment, and Consultant/Contractual agreements.
The revision requests must follow these guidelines:
- Submit the revision in a format that displays the entire budget and the requested changes.
- Line items with expenses incurred cannot be deleted. The line item must state the actual expenses incurred at the date of the revision.
- Any addition or deletion of approved items should be explained.
- Revisions may require a recalculation of Indirect Costs. * *Indirect costs are allowed at a rate of 9% of expenses budgeted in personnel and other direct costs. Indirect costs should not be calculated on the amounts budgeted for equipment or consultant/contractual.
- Revisions to Personnel may change the amount approved for benefits.
- Revisions to the Other Direct Costs category may be requested over the telephone.
Unexpended Funds/Grant Extension
- A grant extension for the use of unexpended funds from previous budget periods in subsequent periods may be requested. A revised budget and budget narrative should be submitted outlining the use of these funds.
- An extension to use the remaining funds beyond the original award end date may be requested. A separate budget and budget narrative explaining the activities to be undertaken during the extension period should be provided.
Sep 24, 2014