National Multiple Sclerosis Society (NMSS)
Approved categories of expenditures:
- Salaries for professional and non-professional personnel.
- Patient costs.
- Permanent equipment.
- Consumable supplies.
- Other expenditures not included under the above categories.
- Indirect costs up to 10% of the sum requested by the Principal Investigator. Indirect costs are not allowed in connection with funds requested for patient costs and equipment.
Dues are not an allowable NMSS expense.
Rebudgeting of Funds:
- Transfers between personnel and consumable supplies categories may be made at the discretion of the grantee.
- No transfers may be made without prior written approval for patient costs, equipment costing more than $500, travel, indirect costs, or other items not identified in the approved budget.
Research progress reports are due before each anniversary date during the grant term.
Any funds remaining at the end of each grant year may be carried over to the next year.
Any funds remaining at the termination of the grant must be returned to the Society.
A grant extension without additional funding requires written approval, and the request must include:
- Amount of money carried into the extension period.
- Statement of why funds were not used in the original grant period.
- Statement of how funds will be used in the grant extension.
- A report of the research progress and budget for the previous year, on forms provided by the Society.
Sep 24, 2014